Chapter 9: The red witch

"Seems like we have solved all the mysteries except for one." "Yeah the last one, the red witch." "The red witch?? Is she like evil or something??" Asked Amanda. "I think it has something to do with what kind of magic she uses. Let's go to the library, we can find the book about the mysteries over there." As we entered the library, we saw Ursula Sensei going through some books. "Good morning Sensei." "Morning," said Amanda. "Good morning Akko, Amanda. What brings you two here??" "Well we wanted to search for a book that contained information on the seven mysteries of Luna Nova." "Seven mysteries??" "Yeah it was an old leather bound book, kind of dirty." "I'm pretty sure you must be mistaken. There are only six mysteries in Luna Nova." "But that can't be, I read that there were supposed to be seven mysteries." "Well the book on mysteries is this one right here." And with that Sensei went over to a bookshelf situated near the windows and took out a book from the topmost shelf. It was leatherbound too but looked a bit new. Also the colours were different on this one. "Is this the one you were looking for??" "I'm pretty sure it had a dark blue cover Sensei." She handed me the book and I took it to the nearest table. Amanda and I went through the book and Amanda gasped. "Akko this is-" "Yeah, Sensei can we borrow this book for a while." "Sure just return it back on time." That was the last thing we heard before we both made a run for our dorm.

The red witch huh, seems a bit shady thought Diana as she closed the old blue covered leatherbound book on her study. "Guys!!" I exclaimed as both of us burst into my room. "What's up Akko??" Asked Lotte. Everyone was looking at us as we were still gasping for air. "Guys look at this," I said as I opened the book and showed it to them. "This book does not have the seventh mystery in it. Even Ursula Sensei told us that there are only six mysteries of Luna Nova." "Say Akko by any chance did you borrow this book from Diana??" "No why??" "At the time when the four of you went missing in New Moon tower, Constanze and I went to Diana to ask her if she had seen you guys or not. She was reading a book similar to what you have right now." "Is that true??" I asked. Constanze nodded. "I think we need to find Diana before she runs into any kind of trouble," I said. "Okay we'll make teams then. Lotte and Yasna can take care of Hannah and Barbara while Sucy and you go to her room. Cons and I will search outside and after 10 minutes meet us outside the library alright??" "Yeah got it."

"Pardon our intrusion," I said as Sucy and I entered Diana's room. Both of us split up and searched the entire room but found nothing. "Do we go to the library now??" I asked her. She shrugged. After a while of standing outside the library we spotted Constanze and Amanda coming towards us. "Find something??" "Nope. And I'm guessing you guys didn't either." The four of us entered the library and split up to search for her. "Hey guys over here I found something!!" Called out Amanda from the innermost section of the library. All of us went and saw what she was looking at. A section of the shelf had moved revealing a secret passage into the wall. We followed the passage and found ourselves in a big chamber filled with antiquities. In the middle of the chamber lay Diana on a sofa probably knocked out by some kind of sleep magic. "Diana you okay??" I called out to her. She slowly opened her eyes and sat up straight. "Diana what happened??" "Someone attacked me when I entered this chamber. I felt my head getting heavy and then I don't remember what happened. But what are all of you doing over here." "Yeah the book that you have Diana could you show it to me for a second??" Diana handed me the book and I went through it showing it to Amanda. "What does this mean Akko??" "This means that none of you are making it alive out of here tonight," said an unrecognisable voice.

All of us turned around to see a tall witch in a red and black cloak and with a pointy black witches hat. "W-who are you??" I asked. She only chuckled as a reply. "That's Merian, a powerful witch from the 19th century. She was trapped in this chamber because of her rogue magic. She performs red magic as in love magic," explained Diana. "So wait, she's a witch who specialises in love magic and that's why she's trapped in here?" Asked Amanda. "Love is a powerful emotion, even if it is strong it has its weak points. She used her magic to wreck havoc around her," said Diana. "Well then let me demonstrate my powers," said Merian and whipped out her wand. In a split second she ejected a magical beam towards me. "Akko look out!!" Shouted Diana before Sucy blocked out her attack. "What are you doing Guinea pig?? Attack her," said Sucy. With that I whipped out my wand and everyone else did the same. We landed a barrage of attacks on her but none of them affected her. "See, you can't hurt me. Your attacks are not even powerful enough to take me down." She then chanted out a verse and used her wand to project it like an attack. It hit Sucy and knocked her off the ground.