Chapter 10: A witches love

"Sucy you okay??" I asked her as I helped her get up. "Y-yeah I'm okay." "Are you sure? Look I can get you out of here and you can-" I was cut off in mid sentence when I felt her lips on mine. Everyone stopped what they were doing and I could feel their gazes on us. Even Amanda whistled out loud. After a few seconds she pulled apart from the kiss and looked into my eyes. "Sucy listen, let me get you out of here." She nodded and holding her hand I guided her through the fight, out in the corridor and into the library. Once outside, we made our way back to the infirmary where we burst into the room and surprised Lotte and the rest of the gang. "What happened to you guys??" "We'll explain everything but are Hannah and Barbara okay now?" "Yeah we're okay." "Good cause we'll be needing Lotte and Jasminka right now. A rogue witch has been freed from her prison and we need to trap her again otherwise everything will be destroyed." "What Akko means to say is that a powerful witch named Merian is using her love magic to wreak havoc again. But we need to stop her before she can cause any real damage," said Sucy. I looked at her and saw that she was back to normal but still her cheeks had a tinge of red on them. I let go of her hand and devised a plan with the rest of the gang.

The four of them were supposed to keep everyone else into their respective rooms which meant they had to cast a powerful sleep spell on the entire school. Suddenly Diana, Amanda and Constanze burst into the room. "What happened??" "Merian is just too strong." "Well I have a plan, I just told these guys to use a sleep spell on the entire school." "Yeah so that the world can be destroyed without any hindrance?" "No I have the rest of it figured out as well so just listen."

Sucy and I made our way towards the storage room just as Amanda and Diana rounded the corner with Merian following them. We entered the room and went over to the other door. Amanda and Diana burst into the room fighting with Merian who was too busy to notice us behind her. Suddenly Constanze barged into the room and played 'Say you, say me' by Lionel Richie which was our cue to finally end the fight. As Merian turned around and faced us, I pulled Sucy in for a kiss which surprised everyone else since the original plan was for us to hold hands and start dancing. Merian stood somewhat immobilised and that was the cue for Amanda and Diana to push her towards us. We both moved out of the way and she fell through the door into the extra corridor. Diana swiftly went and closed the door, sealing it with her magic. A few seconds later the other four joined us in the storage room. "Akko that was a great plan to lure her into this room and trap her in that extra corridor," said Lotte. "Yeah, once Diana found out her weakness I quickly remembered the extra corridor. Since Diana and Amanda were able to keep up with her they were the most suitable to go against her. Then Constanze with the help of her MP3 player would help in immobilising Merian with us backing her up," I said. "Even though people tend to take different routes," she replied. I could feel my cheeks burning and everyone started to laugh.

We woke up the next day and went to class acting as if nothing ever happened. No one knew what actually took place either which was a relief for all of us. After class got over I went over to Sucy. "Hey Sucy I wanted to talk to you about something. Come to the northern school building after six." Amanda caught me and took me towards the courtyard. "What was that all about?" "I don't know but I wanted to talk to her about our kiss." "And also about Sucyworld." "Yeah that too." As I was waiting for Sucy near the northern school building, I felt a bit nervous. It's okay, she's your friend, just calm down and talk to her it'll be fine I thought. I then saw her figure in the sky coming towards me. She landed next to me and got off her broom. "What happened??" She asked coldly. "Well I uh-I um had something to ask you?" "What is it??" "The kiss which we had, I uh-" "I know, it's okay since we were defending our school anyways." "Yeah and I didn't wanna ruin our friendship so I just wanted to apologise for that, I'm sorry." She smiled which gave me a sigh of relief. "Yeah and I wanted to say that I wanna be with you forever as your best friend always." Her cheeks showed a tinge of red on them and without looking at me she held my hand. "You'll always be my best friend." I smiled. "And also my Guinea pig," she added while smirking. I sighed but then smiled. We then went back to our dorm where Amanda was surprisingly waiting for me. "Hey Akko, I need to talk to you." "Sure." We went to the courtyard and sat down on the bench outside. "What's up Amanda??" "I kind of need your help." "With what?" "I-I need your help in f-finding my f-first love.