Chapter 7: The faceless portrait

Jeez. My team and the green team got in trouble, again. We kind of messed up in the city and the professors somehow got word of it. We were supposed to fix all of the broken brooms. And to tell you the truth, there were a hella lot of them waiting to be fixed. "Why do we have to do this?" Asked Amanda. "Because someone started a fight in the city," replied Sucy glaring daggers at me. "Hey, I said I'm sorry." "Well let's just complete this work, it'll be faster this time around since we're all helping," said Lotte. "You never learn, do you Akko?" Asked Diana. "What do you want Diana and why are you even here?" "I wanted to ask you about the fifth mystery." "The fifth mystery?" "Well we've been working for some time now, let's take a break," said Amanda. "The fifth mystery is about a portrait which does not have a face." "A portrait with no face? Don't we have one like that in one of the upper classrooms?" Said Diana. "Do we? I didn't know that. Anyways, where are your accomplices??" I asked her. "They're helping Ms Finnelan with something."

While Akko and her gang were talking with Diana, Hannah and Barbara were in Ms Finnelan's office. "Can you two help me with shifting a painting from one of the upper classroom to the storage room? I won't be able to do it alone." "Sure Ms Finnelan," said Hannah. As the three of them made their way towards the classroom, all was silent and a bit empty in the hallway. Reaching the classroom, they went in and the first thing they saw was the portrait which was standing out of its surroundings. "Is that the one?" Asked Hannah. "Yeah." "It's quite wierd, isn't it??" Asked Barbara. Ms Finnelan with the help of her levitation magic, pulled the painting off the wall and into the arms of the two students. "Oh my, it's quite heavy." "Yeah." As the trio made their way towards the storage room, the air around them started getting chilly. Rounding the corner, they came face to face with Professor Badcock. "Ah Ms Finnelan I was looking for you. Apparently Ms Holbrooke is conducting a meeting in her office right now." "But I was helping these students with some work." "I'm sure they can handle it on their own can't you girls?" "Yeah sure, you can count on us." "Rest assured we will safely shift this painting to the storage room, Ms Finnelan." Ms Finnelan sighed and gave the keys to Hannah who took it and put it in her pocket. The two teachers then left the students to go on their way.

"Man I'm getting bored." "Then fix this piece of stick, you idiot," said Amanda while throwing tons of sticks at me. "Amanda stop fooling around will you." "You said you were getting bored." "It's all because of Akko," sighed Sucy. "Huh!!" "Akko!" "What is it now Diana?" "Just complete your work so that we can all go and take a look at that painting." "Can't you go on your own??" "I can but then don't come crying to me that I left you behind." "Fine."

"Hannah are you okay? Do you wanna rest??" "No thanks, I'm fine Barb. Let's just get this creepy thing to the storage room and go find Diana." The two girls after some time found themselves right in front of the storage room. Hannah took out the keys and opened the door pushing it further open with her foot. It was pretty dusty inside considering the fact that it wasn't used so much. Both the girls used every last bit of strength to move the portrait up against a wall. "There, finally we made it." "Yeah now let's go back and find Diana." As the girls were about to leave they noticed another door quite a few meters away from the door they just entered. "Is it just me or do those two doors look really similar??" "We can just check it out Hannah." The two girls slowly went towards the door and opened it up only to find another corridor on its other side. They both entered the corridor and started inspecting it. After a while, they made a turn at the corner only to run into a dead end. "I feel quite chilly, let's go back Hannah." "Yeah." Both the girls went back to the door and pulled on it. "Uhm... Barbara did you lock the door??" "No I didn't." "Tell me if you at least have the keys." The confused look on her face told Hannah otherwise. Shit, she thought as she tried to get the door opened.