Sudden temptations

After Maia and Simon had parted like this, the vampire felt even worse than before. He felt guilty and still he was angry that she had treated him this way. The anger also held him back from apologizing. Why should he? It had been Maia who had been too sensitive, not him.

...Or was he in the wrong? The more he thought about it, the less he was sure about what to do. Not that he had known before but his head was a complete chaos. When he got home after college he decided that – instead of a walk – he'd go to the park, walk a bit to get rid of thoughts or maybe sort them out. He wasn't picky about that. As long as he would feel better afterwards.

While he strolled through the park he really felt a bit better. Maybe he should write Maia, tell her that he wanted to talk to her again, but... about what? He had already told her what was going on with him, didn't he? So there was nothing to talk about anymore besides their fight. But he knew it could become worse and he didn't want that. So he would better stay quiet... That would be best. He couldn't deal with even more stress right now.

After arriving in the street where his apartment was located it was like he could smell Jace again. And this smell made everything worse. His thoughts became to active again, going in circles and becoming louder and louder.
"Stupid Shadowhunter" He murmured to himself as he walked on. But he couldn't stop himself from looking around. Whoever he expected to see – probably Jace though – wasn't there. So he went inside and to his apartment.

With a deep sigh and a bag of blood in his hand he sat down in front of the TV and turned it on. With slight disinterest he decided to watch some boring reality show so he could completely focus on that without using his head to much.

However, focusing on the show wasn't that easy, when it suddenly knocked. Simon looked up from the screen. Maybe it was Maia again? Maybe she's seen her mistake and wanted to apologize? He got up, walked to the door and opened it but the person in front of him wasn't Maia.

Jace was standing there, his face stern and the brows furrowed. Without a word he pushed the door open and walked into Simon's apartment.

"Yeah, sure. Come in" Simon said and closed the door behind him. As he turned around to the Shadowhunter, his arms were crossed in front of his chest and his body was even more tense than before. The scent of leather and wet wood suddenly filled the whole room, together with the deep and strong smell of blood.

"What did you tell Alec?"

"What?" Simon stared at him dumbfounded.

"I know you were at the institute. And you had a talk with Alec. And suddenly he's all around, denying me to go outside for patrolling and-"

"You're not even on patrol! You're following me. Do you really think I can't smell your damn angel blood everywhere?"

Simon could smell him now as well. He could hear his heart pounding in his chest and he could see the pulse on his neck. He could also see and hear that Jace's anger rose, as he clenched his fists.

"I don't know what you're talking about"

"Oh, really? That's it? This is all you have to say? I... I don't even know what you want, what is going on? I just know that you being here is definitely not a good decision." With each second Jace's smell seem to get stronger. The vampire's body reacted, more than Simon wanted it to be.

"You wanted to talk to me, didn't you? At the Hunter's Moon. Now is your chance. Talk."

Talk? Now? Simon wasn't even prepared. So the only thing that came to his mind was... Jace.

"Why do you stalk me?"

"I'm not stalking you."

"But?" Simon wanted to know. He needed to know.