The bond

"Simon stop...!" Jace's voice brought him back.

The vampire looked at his hands. What did he do? He had thrown Magnus up against the wall and now he was lying there, but was still breathing. Slowly he walked towards him, kneeled down next to him and gently touched his arm. But the other didn't really move.

Jace joined Simon to check Magnus. After all he knew a bit more about situations like this.

"He's just unconscious." He explained. "Let's put him on the sofa."

Simon nodded, took the warlock on his arms and carried him to the living room to put him down there. His hands were shaking and he took a look at Jace who was standing next to him.

"Don't worry. He will wake up again..."

Simon still didn't know what happened. But somehow feeling Jace taken from him again let him lose control. He took a deep useless breath that still managed to calm himself down a bit. "I hope he's okay again, soon"

Jace nodded. "He will. He's a healthy invincible warlock. There is no way you can do any serious harm to him"

The Shadowhunter was probably right. He couldn't have done anything to him to really harm him.

The silence between the two of them made Simon nervous. He wanted to say something but didn't know what. The moment from before was over and still he wanted to find out what was going on. He wanted his touch again, reach out for his hand, feel him on his skin, but instead Jace took a step aside and started talking again.

"You should really work on your skills. You need to be in control of yourself. But I guess that's the demon blood"

Why did the Shadowhunter try to provoke him again? Why was he rude again and treated him like this, when just before he had been so different.

"I do have control! It's just... he... he wanted-" to part us again, he wanted to say but he couldn't. The words stuck in his mouth, not coming out. Part them? That was really stupid. He had just wanted for Simon to not drink Jace's blood again.

"He wouldn't have to if you could have controlled yourself!"

"Me? You basically forced me to bite you again!" Simon's anger rose again and me made a step in Jace's direction while the Shadowhunter just looked at him, his heart beating fast. Wait. Why did it beat that fast?

Simon tried to think. What was going on with Jace. Did he feel the same and was confused and therefore behaved like that? Before he had been different. Or had it been because of him? Some influence he had on him? And now he was back to himself?

"Jace. I... I want to... I... I need to find out what is going on. What this feeling is about and why... why it was so painful while I couldn't see you." Simon knew he gave Jace the perfect points to laugh about him or attack him with any harsh words but he didn't. There was silence again and Simon took another step in his direction. "I know Magnus wouldn't want us to... to touch or... wouldn't want me to drink your blood and I don't even want to drink it – I mean I do, but... you know? I just want to get this. Us."

With surprise on his face he realized that Jace nodded slightly.

"I want to understand it as well. I felt like the pain was ripping me apart. But now it's... it's nearly gone... Since our hands touched... it's just gone"

Simon nodded as well. He could feel the same. No pain anymore, yet his body was craving for him. It was aching to finally be closer to the other, taste his blood on his lips. And while his head tried to keep his thoughts away from Jace's angel blood, his ears seemed to only hear the heartbeat and the blood running through his veins.