Confusion

While Simon had hoped they would come to a conclusion why he was feeling the way he did, the Situation got much worse. He had so many questions and couldn't even answer a single one. It was horrible. And the most annoying about all of it was the fact that Jace still was in his head and his smell around although he had only been here once and not even for a long time.

What should he do to get rid of his thoughts? Maybe he could go drinking a bit at the Hunter's Moon and talk to Maia... Maia, well. She probably wasn't the best person to talk to right now. She didn't even message him. Nothing. So meeting her wouldn't be the best choice.

But he had to do something just sitting here, maybe creating a bit of music, just wasn't it . He needed to go somewhere else, do something else. He just had to. Maybe he could go to the cinema? Watching a movie? Maybe he would have other thoughts then? At least he could try.

Not much later he left his apartment, walked down the street. There was a cinema three blocks from his home. So it wasn't too far. And he could easily walk there. He'd take whatever movie would be shown right now. As long as he didn't have to think of Jace or his smell or...

He stopped, looked around. What if Jace was somewhere again? What if he followed him again? He didn't even know how he had found him the last times? Was he just constantly waiting in front of his apartment to watch him come and go and go after him? That was creepy.

But Jace didn't seem to be here. While all about him was in his head, he could not really smell him right now. So he went to the ticket shop, got a ticket for the next movie shown and went inside, to sit down in the already dark room. There were not many people around and he took a seat somewhere in the last row.

The movie was some boring love triangle drama he didn't really care about. But everything was better than listening to his head, constantly thinking about Jace. Every once in a while he came back to it, though. And after quite a while again his intense smell seemed to be all around. His imagination was just too good – at least that's what he thought.

"Hey, daylighter. Alone in the cinema? Must be pretty boring. Don't you have friends to come here with?" Jace asked while he sat down next to Simon.

Simon nearly jumped from his seat. "W-What? What are you doing here?" But he didn't even expect an answer. "How did you find me?"

Still, nothing. Jace didn't care to give him any answer. Instead he asked a question himself.

"Did something change?"

Simon sighed and shook his head. "Nothing. There's still... you. Just you." He answered.

He didn't dare looking at the Shadowhunter. Smelling him was already enough and he seemed to get worse with self control with every time he was around Jace. Actually it was the first time they were that close. But there was the arm rest between them, keeping at least a short distance between the two.

"Same for me" Jace said after a while. "I don't know what is going on. This has nothing to do with addiction to any vampire venom" He admitted for the first time.

Simon looked at him in surprise. Before Jace had made it his fault but now he really gave up on that idea? "And it has nothing to do with angel blood... Why didn't you like me biting Clary? Why have you been so angry about it?" Somehow the vampire got the feeling that here, in the safe dark, Jace was able to talk. Even if it was just a few words... that was enough already. But this question was still standing between them and Jace was fighting on the inside, telling from his face, not sure if he could talk about it or not.