Distrust

The days went by fast while Magnus, Simon, Alec and Clary tried to find more details on the bond. The bond of holy love . Whatever it was, there was not much about it. Going through all the institute's books would take forever anyway. And Alec had to take care of Jace as well. He wanted to leave the institute, wanted to hunt demons – at least that's what he said. In the end Alec had no idea what Jace really wanted to do. What if he wanted to find Simon again? But he was with Magnus, so it shouldn't be a big deal? He wasn't sure about what to do and in the end he messaged the warlock who agreed on letting Jace out for missions. He'd put up wards for his loft in case Jace would try to come here.

Simon who at first had felt good being with Magnus, since he helped him to distract his thoughts, felt worse with every day. He tried to not let it show but it wasn't easy. He'd always been a positive person. Right now he wasn't though. He was miserable. The craving for Jace had been a voice in the back of his head, becoming louder until it screamed at him and he even felt pain. Pain, that was growing and he didn't know what to do about it.

'Their lives therefore must be shared and never may they be parted'

What if he made things up and all of this happened just because he had read this stupid legend? This myth that some people hundreds of years ago wrote down... It couldn't be real. No way this was something serious. There was nothing like predicting the future. But why was he feeling like this, if it wasn't true? Was it really just his head or was the book right after all?

Whatever it was... he needed to see Jace.

When coming to the kitchen to grab himself blood from the small fridge Magnus had prepared for him he met Magnus who was making himself a small meal.

"Magnus? How... is... Alec? He must have a lot to do with the books and... Jace, right? Did he write anything?"

Magnus raised an eyebrow. "Is this about Alec or Jace?" He asked without judging the vampire next to him.

"I... don't know." Okay, that was a lie and Simon was a horrible liar. "It's about Jace. Magnus. It... it hurts. It seriously hurts. My body... it's aching and I don't know why. I just... I just know I need to see Jace. I..." But his voice broke. Just saying that name made everything worse.

The warlock looked at him alarmed. "You're in pain?"

"I am."

"Maybe you're finally getting over your addiction to his blood"

Oh, that was interesting. Simon didn't even think about that. What if that was true? What if that was a sign of not getting his blood anymore? Like a drug withdrawal? That really made sense.

"Meaning I just have to get through this? And afterwards I will feel better?" He had seen it with his mother and now it was him...

"It's not impossible, right? Let's give you another week and we'll see how you're feeling afterwards"

Simon nodded slightly. He wanted to get rid of this feeling. And if this was the only way, he'd get through it.

And while Simon hid in his room most of the time, playing video games on a console Magnus got for him, Jace coped with his feelings in a completely different way. He took every single mission, fought the demons recklessly and without any tactics. Every time Jace left the institute Alec was worried even more. He was scared that one time Jace might not be coming back – at least not alive. The day before he had broken his arm together with a serious injury on his chest. It was like he didn't even care and it was Alec who couldn't deal with that anymore. When Jace came back from the next mission he took him to his office.