6

"I want to be Mario!" Newt whined as you selected your avatar.
"Tough luck," you reply "you can be Princess Peach."
"But I don't want to be a princess! I wanna be Mario! You're always Mario!"
"Yes that's the point. Now slim it and play the game."
You play in silence for a few minutes before Newt throws his controller on the floor and does a victory dance.
"YES!" he yells "I finally beat you this time! YES!" you giggle at his 'dancing' and grab his wrist, forcing him to sit back down next to you.
"Wanna play as a team?" You ask
"Hell yeah." He replies, pulling you onto his lap and snaking his arms around you to hold his controller
"Newt you won't be able to see!" You chuckle.
"Yes I will. You're short and I'm normal so I can put my face on your hair." He says as he puts his chin on top of your head.
"I am not short. You're freakishly tall." You protest
"Y/n, love, name one galder who is shorter than you."
You pause for a second, "Just cause everyones taller than me doesn't mean I'm short!"
"I think it does." He chuckles.
"Shut up and play."
The first time you play you come second and Newt nearly throws a hissy fit.
"Buggin' hell that wasn't fair! The spiky crab dude chucked a banana at me!" He shouts.
"Oh my god, calm down we can play again!" You laugh.

You both play again on the same team and Newt is so determined to with that he actually bumps into other players so hard they go flying off the track.
"HA! TAKE THAT!" He screams as your avatars flash on the podium in first place "YES! VICTORY IS OURS!"
"Competitive much?" You giggle as he jumps to his feet. Laughing, you follow suit, running after him as he dashes down the stairs. You fling open the door to find it pouring with rain.

Screaming with laughter you spin barefoot on the ground, kicking up mud as Newt grabs you by the waist and picks you up, your legs wrapping around his waist as you bring your mouth to his. You didn't care that it was freezing. Or that you were covered in mud. All that could touch you was Newt.