she is not dangerous.

as long as you care- ruel

enola's pov-

"she is not dangerous."
i say, standing up for my mother. "she is remarkable and always has been." i say standing up now looking at mycroft.
"and if you still can't see that, then shame on you both!" i shout.
"so remarkable that she left you both in my care." mycroft tells me.
miss harrison walks in. "well, we have had a lovely little chat, haven't we?" she says looking down at me.
"i can tell we're going to be firm friends." she says wrapping an arm around me and forcing me into a hug as i stare at both my brothers with an unamused look.
"oh, miss harrison, i'm so grateful for your kindness." mycroft says shaking his head at her.
"mr. holmes," she says as i look up at her shocked face.
"it's an honor." she finishes tilting her head down.
"i shall bring them tomorrow myself." he states.
"yourself?" she gasps, "good." she says as i look at sherlock.
"oh where's the other one?" miss harrison asks, referring to florence.
"she has a name, and she's very far from you." i say running out of the room to go find her.

it's florence i'm looking for, so my best guess is that she's somewhere outside.
and i'm almost certain she has at least one flower in hand.

i walk outside to the place i always seem to see her.
the great tree.
she's sitting on a high branch fumbling with some sort of flowers she's probably told me all about before.

florence's pov-

i hear footsteps approaching as i'm making a flower tiara. i look up to see enola, who's now in a dark blue dress.
before i ran outside, i ran to my room to change into a dress myself, a purple one in fact.
purples my favorite color.
enola comes closer and climbs up to a branch right below me.
she begins to draw in her sketch book.
we sit for a couple minutes before sherlock walks over and sits at the very bottom, against the trunk.
"i also enjoy a sketch." he says. "and a flower tiara, of course." he adds on.
enola and i both look at eachother with an annoyed face,
he wasn't supposed to find us.
"helps me think," he continues talking. "process my thoughts."
"helps me do the same." enola responds.
"me as well, i suppose." i add quietly.
enola takes the paper she was currently drawing on and puts it beneath her book, yet it slips out of her grip and falls towards sherlock.
he catches the picture as it floats down and looks at it in amusement.
'a caricature of mycroft,' i think to myself. 'classic enola.'
"a caricature." sherlock states. "perhaps best if mycroft doesn't see it." he recommends, looking up at us.
"do you both intend to stay up there?" he asks.
"we were hoping for some privacy." i state.
"you know enola, last i remember, you were quite a timid little thing. you had a pine cone wrapped in wool, dragged it with you wherever you went, calling it dash." he laughs to himself.
"someone told you that queen victoria had a cavalier king charles spaniel called dash, and you decided you wanted the same." he tells us.
enola begins to climb down, making sure not to slip.
"as for you florence, i remember you with your flower you would never leave anywhere, you had tea with it, slept with it next to you even. what was its name again?" sherlock asks, mostly to himself.
"ah yes, princess cordelia." he remembers.
"and we could never persuade either of you to put trousers on." he says,
enola and i both gasp and look towards him for bringing that up.
"your bottoms were always bare." he chuckles.
i roll my eyes and begin to climb down the tree as well, with my completed flower tiara now placed upon my head.
"i think that's all the memories i have." sherlock states.
"thank you. if you could now forget them all." i say to him as enola jumps to the ground.
"a pine cone called dash?" she asks. "that sounds ridiculous."
"father used to chase you all about the place, shouting, "get that damn dog out of my house!"" he recalls as all three of us laugh to ourselves.
"why did you never visit?" i ask, still sitting on a branch.
sherlock looks up at me and sighs. "i lead a busy life."
"why did you never write?" enola asks, standing up from the ground.
"would you have cared for my letters?" he asks us as i jump down from my branch and sit next to enola.
"we have kept every clipping of every case of yours we could ever find." enola says for both of us.
sherlock shakes his head "that's flattering."
"and yet it took our mother's disappearance to bring you home." i say looking him straight in the eye.
i'm not sure what's gotten into me, but i rather enjoy it.
"she meant to go." i continue, looking away from both of them. "she's not coming back."
"no." sherlock states.
"but the truth is, mother always had a reason for everything. her own way of doing things. and those kind of mysteries are always the most satisfying to unpick." he finishes as i finally turn to look at him.
"i don't want a mystery, sherlock. neither of us do." enola says. "we want our mother back here and our life as it was."
"you're being emotional." sherlock tells us plainly. "it's understandable, but unnecessary."
i look down and quietly sigh to myself as sherlock continues. "look for what's there, not what you want to be there."
i turn only my eyes to look towards enola, who's looking down as well.
"you'll see the truth soon enough." he states.
i let out a sigh, feeling a stare burning into my cheek. i look to my right to see enola looking at me with a melancholy face.

i lay in my bed, in which is on the opposite side of the room to enola's, and stare intentively at the ceiling.
i hear a sigh come from enola's side of the room, grabbing my attention.
i look over to her, still laying down.
"own way of doing things..." she says to no one in particular.

authors note !
sorry for such the long chapters lol. i'm deeply sorry if you don't like such long chapters, it's just that the movie contains so many important scenes i couldn't possibly leave out!
the only reason i'm making them so long, and not cutting them shorter resulting in more chapters, is because i'm not sure if y'all could tell, but i'm only about 18 minutes into the movie..... and we already have four chapters haha.
but if you want me to make them slightly shorter please let me know! i love feedback :)