bloody hell, what took you so long?

kiwi- harry styles

"bloody hell, what took you so long?"
i slightly shout at enola and tewkesbury as they run back out.
tewkesbury grabs my hand and drags me along with them towards one of the schools automobiles.
enola pulls a lever on the large mechanism on the back, as it makes a sputtering sound.
tewkesbury sits down as i look at the seat.
there's only room for two people.
"oh come on now, just sit on my lap." he says.
that seems a bit,
close.
"oh my lord." he says as he grabs my hips, setting me down on his legs.
enola jumps in as well as tewkesbury and i say at the same time.
"can you actually drive this?"
we look at eachother with a slight laugh as enola responds back.
"i know the basic rudiments."
she tears off the white collar of her dress, leaving her with stragglers along the seam.
"oh, enola!" i groan, bothered by the loose strings.
"oh, flora!" she mimics back.
it feels great to have her back.
the automobile starts moving, going from side to side.
it's quite clear enola isn't the best driver.
"left, right, watch out, enola!" tewkesbury shouts as i let out a screech.
i'm not ready to die.
"such a scaredy cat!"
"am not!"
"are too!"
"am not!
"are too!"
"am no-" before i could finish my bickering with him enola legs out a yell,
"i'm not finished yet!"

we continue down the dirt path as enola begins to talk.
"thank you, both of you. that was, uh... you did save me.
the best bit was my idea, but you did save me."
"your welcome. i think." he stutters out.
"i didn't like it in there." she tells us.
"i'm sorry i didn't come with you." i tell her.
"no, no apologies. i can see you two got quite close over our time apart."
"you could say that.." tewkesbury whispers, loud enough for enola to hear.
"now, let's get back to london and find a proper hiding place." he finishes.
enola pulls back the lever, making the automobile screech to a stop.
i look over to enola, searching her gaze to see if we have seen the same thing.
"why have we stopped?" he asks.
"you two, whatever you're planning..."

-flashback-

"there'll come a time when you have to make a hard choice."

"flora.. enola..."

"and, in that moment, you will discover what mettle you truly have, and what you're prepared to risk, for what matters. your move, enola."

i remember sitting next to enola that day, watching them play a game of chess.

*flora*

we need to go to basilwether.

"what?!" tewkesbury shouts.
"an injustice has occurred. it's time to right some wrongs," enola begins, pulling a newspaper out from underneath of her, handing it to me to show him.
"you want a culprit, find the motive."
"i don't understand." he says.
"when were you due to be inducted into the lords?" i ask him, catching on to what enola is planning.

-flashback-

"i'm viscount tewkesbury."

"well, he's a bloomin marquess."

"imminently."
"how would you have voted on the reform bill?"

"votes for all men!"

"the same as my father. i'd be for it."
"who knew that?"

"i had these ideas, but my family were set on me joining the army and going overseas."

"and who stands to gain the estate with your father dead and if you die?"
"my uncle."

"my sister-in-law has all the help she needs. show her out."

"you think this is my uncles doing?"
"doesn't it make sense?"
"but he's a powerful man. what on earth could we do?"
"solve the crime, of course."
"florence, we are all extremely lucky to have lived this long, and you want to drive us into a place where there is most certain danger?"
"sometimes, viscount tewkesbury, you have to dangle your legs in the water to attract the bloody sharks!" enola shouts.
"why would we want to attract the bloody sharks?!" we both shout.
"good point." enola sighs, leaning away from us both.

enolas pov-

"this is a terrible idea. the closer we get, the worse this idea becomes. why are we doing this?" tewkesbury whispers, attempting to not startle flora, who fell asleep.
i slightly shake her, awaking her from her slumber
so cute.
"unlike most well-bred ladies, we were never taught to embroider. we never molded wax roses, hemmed handkerchiefs, or strung seashells."
"i've done that." flora says, raising her hand as tewkesbury keeps his arm around her waist, supporting her.
"i know, i know. but we were taught to watch and listen. and i was taught to fight."
"yeah, i haven't done that." she whispers.
"this is what my mother made me for. trust me... to find the answers we need." i finish.
"you don't know how to embroider?" he asks, as flora flicks him in the side of the head.
"we need to do this. you need to do this. we... are doing this." i say.
flora looks towards the house before walking away.
"come on." she says.
we follow behind her, running as quietly as possible.

authors note !
hi everyone! i hope you liked this chapter, and if you want leave some song recommendations for the stories playlist!
i decided to end it here since the next one may be sad...
i hope you're all staying healthy and safe ! <3