where are all the servants?

flying solo- julie and the phantoms

tewkesbury opened the large door i've seen once before, as i follow behind him, enola behind me.
we walk in, the only sound being our shoes brushing on the ground.
"where are all the servants?" tewkesbury asks.
"welcome to the future." i say sarcastically, but really meaning it.
enola closes the door as tewkesbury and i step forward.
"mother?" he calls out.
we walk forward to the room infront of us, as i get an odd feeling in my stomach.
"i don't feel too good about this." i announce, as tewkesbury softly interlocks his fingers with mine.
we continue walking until we arrive in a very familiar room.
the one enola and i spoke with his family in.
"what's happening?" he asks.
"they know we're here." enola whispers.
we stand in front of a small table, with an elegant vase that catches my eye.
i'm caught out of my trance when enola yells, "down!" and tewkesbury yanks me to the floor by the arm.
the vase gets shot twice, and enola yells once again, "run!"
i grab tewkesbury's arm and we run behind her, headed straight for the door.
we desperately pull on it,
"it's locked!"
another shots fired as we push ourselves closer to the door.
the chair next to us gets shot, "AH" i scream louder then i've ever screamed before.
we're all panting heavily as enola screams again, "down!".
we duck down, attempting to quickly get to the other side of the hallway as another shots fired; breaking yet another vase.
at this point i'm crying in terror, yet trying to keep my sniffles to a minimum.
i'm in between my sister and tewkesbury flat against the wall as another shots fired, shattering part of a beautiful statue next to us.
enola and i are ducking down, covering our heads with our arms as i feel tewkesbury lean slightly to see who's shooting at us.
yet another shot from the rifle is fired, causing him to frantically sit on the floor like my sister and i.
enola leans forward, as foot steps seem to be getting closer, and something is thrown on the ground.
tewkesbury and i are both breathing heavily, holding onto each other for dear life.
enola picks up a broken piece of the statue next to us and begins to throw it.
"enola what're you doing?!" i whisper harshly.
the broken piece makes a loud noise next to the man, causing him to quickly shoot.
"stay here." she whispers, somersaulting across the hall.
i stay next to tewkesbury, both of us trying to steady our breathing.
the man shoots something right next to us, causing it to make a ruckus.
he walks closer towards us, dropping a few empty canisters along the way.
the man comes to a stop, preparing to shoot directly at us.
i hear a loud yell as enola jumps on the mans back, the bullet heading straight for tewkesbury's face.
i quickly turn to him, "are you ok? did it hit you?" i ramble on.
"no i'm quite well, go hide." he tells me.
"you want me to hide? and leave you to get killed?!" i ask in disbelief.
"it'll be fine." he says, looking me straight in the eyes.
i look over to see enola on the ground, the man stomping on her face.
"if somebody hurts you, i'm going to get hurt too." i tell him.
he gives me a soft smile and nods, as i run along the wall making sure the crazy man doesn't see me.
i watch the scene unfold as tewkesbury grabs the man by the waist attempting to throw him on the ground.
that backfired.....
the man grabs him by the neck and punches him straight in the face, sending him to the ground.
he looks down at enola as i begin to fulfill what i told tewkesbury just a minute prior.

enola's pov-

i'm brought back into consciousness, only slightly, as i see the man strangling tewkesbury, and flora not in sight.
i let out a sob.

"enola?
don't be scared.
enola...
you're not alone."

i let out a breath as a tear rolls across the bridge of my nose.

"you're not alone."

i give myself a smirk as i prepare myself to perform the corkscrew.
i do it slowly but surely, as the mans head hits the point of some odd pinecone looking thing.

florence's pov-

i see the man fall, his head hitting something hard as i run over to make sure enola and tewkesbury are alright.
i see the pain the man has caused them, as he groans.
"who are you working for?" i say angrily, grabbing him by his coat.
no answer.
"who do you work for?!" i shout loudly, as he tightly grabs my wrist.
"england." the man whispers as he stops breathing and stares at the ceiling.
a tapping sound repeats, getting closer and closer.
the three of us slowly turning our attention towards the end of the hallway.
i feel tewkesbury's eyes on me as i stare straight ahead.
we all slowly stand up as he speaks, "grandmother?"
"yes. i'm afraid so." she begins, her cane tapping against the floor as she walks closer and closer. "it seems if you want a job done, you have to do it yourself."
i walk closer to him, as he puts his hand in front of me, "no, flora."
i decline his action and stand next to him.
"where's my mother?" he asks as his grandmother picks up the rifle.
"in london. with your uncle. looking for you." she starts, walking towards us. "they never understood. i'm so sorry, my darling,"
i let out a sob, knowing what she's about to do.
"the future of the country is at stake." she says, quickly aiming the gun and firing.

darkness.