delivery from ferndell hall.

come together- the beatles

enola's pov-

"delivery from ferndell hall."
the man who startled me with a knock shouts.
i quickly place the newspaper under my pillow and go to the door.
"care of mr. mycroft holmes." the man says.
"what does he want?" i say shakily.
"well... whatever it is, it's heavy." he says as he and another man carry it into the room.
"what on earth does mycroft want?" i say to myself as i close the door.

tewkesbury's pov-

i shift in the basket due to the quite uncomfortable position im in.
i hear no sound from the room, as i shift more in the wicker basket.
i sneeze as enola kicks the side of the basket.
"ow!" i shout.
the basket opens as i stand up as fast as i can.
"tewkesbury!" she shouts, climbing into the basket with me.
"you're supposed to be helping me out, not getting in with me." i say as she climbs back out of the basket allowing me to get out as well.
"how did you find me?"
"well, you said you didn't want to come to miss harrison's finishing school for young ladies. i have quite the prodigious memory when i choose to use it." i tell her.
"where's flora?" she asks.
"she's most likely hiding. she was scared miss harrison would recognize her. she also said there was no one to swap clothes with? whatever she means by that." i explain.
"so she's here?" she asks me.
"mhm, and i thought we'd go out the same way i came in."
"huh."
"i even wore my most porter-ish coat." i joke as she climbs back into the basket.
"that's an excellent idea!" enola says, dropping into the basket as i close the top.
"nope! nope, nope, nope. help me up." she shouts, putting her hand out for me to grab.
"miss harrison, she will see right through you."
"oh! we knew there was a flaw!"
"shh. let me think."

*enola*

do you have any ideas?

i'm currently pushing the basket that's holding enola down the hallway as i hear enola groan,
"quiet!" i quietly shout.

"stop there." a lady says as we're just about to exit the school.
"who are you? have you permission to be in this school?" she asks me.
"um... i was just delivering a package, miss. um, to the headmistress." i begin as she walks towards me.
"could you please direct me to her office?"
"i am the headmistress of the school." she says as i look down and towards the basket.
"well, then, um, this is for you." i tell her.
"well, open it up. let me see what's inside."
"oh, i cant miss. i was given express instructions that this be opened in private." i tell her.
"oh, how ridiculous." she says, putting a hand on the basket.
"by my employer, miss." i say, trying my best to keep her from finding enola.
"and who might that be?" she asks me.
"mycroft holmes." i tell her as a bell is ringing in the distance.
"mycroft holmes..." she says as two girls begin to walk towards us.
"girls... would you just take this parcel into my office that i might open it later." she tells them as they pick it up, grunting.
"no dilly-dallying." she shouts at them.
"ouch! oh, this weighs a ton! why is it so heavy?" i hear them say as they carry it down the hall.
"so, what are you waiting for? a tip? go on, begone." she shouts at me as i walk out with a smirk

authors note !
hi everyone! sorry for how short this chapter is, it's from a while ago and i haven't had time to write anymore so i thought a short one would be better then not at all :(
i know it barely has flora in it but as soon as i have time to update, i will!
also.... would anyone be interested in me making a 'playlist' for the book? because i love music and thought it would be fun to put a list of songs at the beginning!
i hope everyone's staying safe and healthy, and thank you all SO much for 60k+ reads! ily<3