bloody hell.

beautiful boy- john lennon

my eyes go wide as i realize what i just said.
what i just did.
there's no noise besides those noisy crickets you hear at night.
"bloody hell."
i whisper, tewkesbury most likely being able to hear the remark.
i quickly stand from my position on the log and walk away from him.
as fast as possible.
i'm too lazy to run so speed walking will have to do.
"flora!" he shouts at me from a distance.
i continue to walk away, trying my best to block out the beautiful-
the boys words.
"florence wait!" he shouts again, yet it sounds much louder this time.
footsteps get louder from behind me as he grabs my hand, twirling me towards him.
my watering eyes meet his beautiful brown ones.
practically colored black in the dark.
while one of his hands remains intertwined with mine, his other gently caresses my cheek.
i swear i see his eyes flicker down to my lips, but it's a bit too dark out to tell.
he leans in rather quickly, his lips meeting my own.
i continue to hold his hand, as my other hand swiftly lays behind his neck.
he pulls away for a second before kissing me again, his soft lips gently sucking on my bottom lip.
my heart is beating faster then it ever has before.
it's normal...
right?
he pulls away, fully this time.
our eyes meet one another's again, as he tucks a strand of my hair behind my ear.
"i fancy you too flora." he says with his adorable smile.
"you do?" i whisper in disbelief.
"of course i do! i have since the moment we met." he tells me, rubbing his thumb along the top of my hand.
i bite my lip a bit as i look down.
"and you don't even know how long i've wanted to tell you that." he begins, causing me to look up at him with a smile. "and you also don't how long i've wanted to ask you this."
i tilt my head to the right a tad as i see him gulp.
"will you be my mine?" he asks me, looking straight into my eyes.
it took me a moment to realize what he just said.
a boy? wanting me to be his?
now that's just preposterous.
but maybe not if it's tewkesbury...
i blink a few times before shaking my head.
yes.
"really?" he asks.
"yes." i say with a laugh, as he hugs me tighter then anyone ever has before.
i put my arms around his neck, hugging him back just as tight.
i could sit here forever.
we eventually pull away, both of us having the cheesiest smiles plastered on our faces.
"come on, let's go back." he says, holding my hand again.
we walk in a comfortable silence, soon arriving at our small set up.
"i've never had a lover before." i tell him. "what do lovers even do?" i ask.
"well i've never had one either, but i feel like they tell each other everything... don't you?"
"yes, i suppose." i say.
"well... i have a question, if you don't mind answering it?" he asks me.
i shake my head, signaling for him to continue.
"why don't you like to be by yourself?" he asks me.
i look down as he continues on.
"you don't have to tell me it's ok-"
"no, i'll tell you. we're supposed to tell each other everything right?" we both laugh as he speaks.
"i suppose so."
"well... it started when i was younger. enola and i had completely different interests. she liked fighting, and i liked nature. our mother was never as interested as i, so she tended to spend more time with enola. which is fine, i still knew she loved me." i begin, looking between him and the ground.
"but one day, i was following a path of flowers and..." i stutter.
he notices my timid-ness, and takes my hand into his own, fiddling with my fingers.
"i was only maybe... 13? and a boy around that age, he uhm, grabbed me. and he started to touch me, uhm." i tell him, tears welling up in my eyes.
no one knew about this except for enola.
and that's because,
well...
"he couldn't do much though, because enola had followed me. she did her crazy fighting things, and he- he ran away like a little girl." i say chuckling, remembering the moment.
i hadn't even realized i began to cry until i felt tewkesbury's thumb wipe away my tears.
i look at him with a small smile, thanking him.
"i was horrified. but enola has helped me, and barely ever lets me out of her sight. well except for that one time but- yeah... that's why i always stay with someone. because i don't want it to happen again." i finish, looking into his eyes which have tears in them too.
i scoot closer to him as i wipe the tears from his eyes.
"why are you crying?" i ask him with a slight chuckle.
"because you shouldn't of had to go through that. no woman or girl should have to. and i promise, with everything i have, i will never do that to you. or anyone in fact!" he tells me, laughing at the end.
"good." i tell him with a smile.
"oh come here." he says, still laughing.
i sit in between his legs, as he wraps his arms around my torso.
"you should get some sleep." he tells me, rubbing my hand.
"well then, goodnight viscount tewkesbury, marquess of basilwether." i say with a smile.
"and goodnight to you, florence holmes." he says, as i can almost hear the smile on his face.
i fall asleep as he gently plays with my hair, his breathing bringing peace.

tewkesbury's pov-

"i'll keep you safe. i promise." i say to the beautiful girl, who's already asleep, as i drift off as well.

authors note !
AH WAIT THIS MIGHT BE MY FAVORITE CHAPTER IVE WRITTEN PLEASE TELL ME IF YOU LIKE IT.