why are you dressed like a powder puff?

dreams- fleetwood mac

"why are you dressed like a powder puff?"
edith asks us chuckling.
i look down at my dress i thought was rather beautiful, as she speaks again.
"oh, my! you both look the spit of her."
"you recognize us?" enola asks her with a small smile.
"of course i do. i was your first teacher." she begins as she walks towards us, looking between us both.
"don't you remember?" she asks before grabbing a hold of enola and tilting her back.
i jump away in fear with a small shriek as they stare into each others eyes.
enola flips edith over onto her back as she grunts rather loudly.
she begins to chuckle as she compliments enola.
"you've progressed nicely, i can see."
enola unhooks her arm from around the ladies neck and sticks her hand out to help her up.
"i can see you still aren't a fan of violence, are you florence?" she asks me as she leads us to a rather large office room.
"not in the slightest." i inform her raising my eyebrows for emphasis.

"you're alone? in london?" she asks us as she leans up against a table, enola and i sitting before her.
"yes... well besides eachother." enola begins. "there was a useless boy, but we rid ourselves of him." she finishes rolling her eyes.
i hit her in the arm as she winced slightly.
i turn to edith and say. "he wasn't useless! he was quite an enjoyment to be around in fact." i say with a small smile.
"yes, if you fancy him!" enola shouts looking at me.
"like florence does." she finished with a smirk, looking up at edith.
"i do not!"
"hmm." she responds. "was he good looking?"
"edith!" i whine carrying on the 'th' as they both laugh at me.
"we have money, lodgings. we just need to find her." enola states, finally changing the subject.
"what makes you think she wants to be found?"
i narrow my eyes at edith as she continues.
"eudoria's been hiding all her life. if she wants to stay hidden, she will." she shrugs. "and besides, she has work to do."
"what work?" i ask almost instantly.
"i cannot say."

-flashback-

"right, ladies, our choices: the bankmen met, entangle herb, or ellie houseman." mother says to the group of ladies.
she looks up to see florence and enola stepping into the room.

she was there.

-end of flashback-

"so you were at that meeting too." i say looking up at the lady.

-flashback-

mother.
door closing.
women.
women.
her.
edith.

-end of flashback-

edith looks down as enola asks.
"who is ellie houseman?"
she sighs before answering.
"i wish i could help you more."
"you can, but you won't." i snap rather quickly.
"i must get back to my students. you can see yourselves out." she says walking away.
"hey!" enola shouts running behind her and placing a hand firmly on her shoulder.
"enola, no! she's not worth it." i whine as edith flips enola onto the ground.
i jump with wide eyes as enola rolls onto her stomach looking at edith's shoe.
she wraps her hand around her ankle and spins onto her back, putting her other hand up as well.
she does some sort of spin? thing?
as edith bends down and grabs her firmly.
"ah, the corkscrew. you could never manage that one, could ya?" she asks standing up and walking towards the door.
"if you wanna stay in london, be tough, be tough, live the life, but don't do it because you're looking for someone. do it because you're looking for yourself." she says looking down at enola, then up to me. "you too. toughen up, be violent every once in a while." she tells me, then walks out of the room.
i walk over to enola who's touching the bun on her head.
i reach my hand out as she puts her dress down, and gets up herself.
she begins walking over to a strange wooden crate, and takes some sort of tube out.