i'm viscount tewkesbury.

understand- greer

"i'm viscount tewkesbury,"
the rather good looking boy says, putting his hand out for us to shake.
"the marquess of basilwether." he finishes.
i begin to raise my hand to shake his,
but enola pushes it back down.
"you're a nincompoop." she tells him.
i look at her and nudge her arm before turning my attention back to....
what was it?
ah yes.
tewkesbury.
he puts his hand into a fist and quickly puts it down, slightly smiling to himself.
"i'll have you know, i have just undertaken a particularly daring escape-" he begins to tell us gesturing towards the shelf he fell from, before i interrupt him.
"you have not escaped. there is a man in a brown bowler hat currently on this train searching for you, and once he finds you," i begin to say as enola watches me and he turns his head away.
"he will think we helped hide you, and we will be endangered by this. therefore, i ask you to get out of this carriage." i finish, still leaning slightly forward.
he's finally turned back to us and is looking me straight in the eye.
'i'm not sure how much i like this boy anymore, he's quite stuck up' i think to myself.
"you remind me of my uncle." he says to me.
"i've left him at the station."

-flashback-

"of course he's on the train! you simply haven't looked properly." an older man in some sort of uniform exclaims.

-end of flashback-

i look to the side before looking back at the boy.
"he's bossy too." he tells us.
"i can see it runs in the family..." i say to myself looking away.
"very funny." he says.
"left them all: my mother, my grandmother." he says, picking the bag up and putting it on the shelf above enola and i.
"but i'm fine. i'm free." he says looking at us.
"good. get out of the carriage, then." enola tells him.
he looks at the door and smacks his lips before looking back at me.
"a man in a brown bowler hat?" he asks more to himself, as i lightly shake my head yes.
he walks to the door opening it, and peeking his head out, looking to his right, then back at us.
"it'll be fine." he says, putting his head back out looking to the left.
he takes a deep breath before saying "it'll be fine." for the second time, more to himself as a reassurance.
he steps out and closes the door, walking down the hallway.
enola inhales before turning to me, as i smile a bit to myself.
"you fancy him don't you?!" she says rather loudly in my face.
"enola!" i scream at her, "of course not." i lie.
well not fully...
"ok then, that's good. he's too bossy and annoying for his own good." she tells me as i stare outside.

37 seconds later

tewkesbury barges back into the room.
"he's coming!" he screeches.
"of course." enola says, looking at me with wide eyes.
"he's checking every carriage." he tells us.
"wonderful." enola says picking up her jacket.
"you have to help me." he says to us.
"he didn't see me." he continues panicking.
"of course he did." i tell him.
"therefore, i say good day to you, viscount tewkesbury, marquess of basilwether." i say looking at him, before enola drags me behind her.
she opens the door and pulls us both out.
i stop at the door and give the boy a smirk.
"you really do remind me of my uncle. you have that same stare." he tells me nodding his head.
"i'm flattered." i joke in a flat tone before closing the carriage door and walking behind enola.
the man in the brown bowler hat walks by us and hits both of our shoulders, not even caring to say excuse me.
how rude.
i look back at him as enola just continues to walk.
"ah, there you are, sir." the man says to tewkesbury.
i hear him screaming and struggling in the carriage.
"enola we have to help him!" i shout at her.
even though i'm not the biggest fan of this boy, he doesn't deserve to be in danger.
enola just continues to stare forwards.