do you fancy him?

ophelia- the lumineers

"do you fancy him?"
enola asks me as she stands in the door way of my lodging room.
i sit up from lacing my boots, do i tell her?
i may as well.
i shake my head with little to no emotion shown on my face.
"what's wrong?" she asks me, sitting next to me in the rather small bed.
"well... it sounds foolish." i tell her, trying not to express how i feel.
"oh come on flora, tell me. i've known all along you fancied him, so what's the big deal?"
"fine. well... what if he doesn't fancy me back? what am i supposed to do with all these feelings i feel?" i ask her, trying not to cry.
i know what you may be thinking...
why is she crying over this silly little thing?
well... i've never had anyone truly care for me, or feel anything towards me. i mean sure my mother and sister care for me. and i guess my brothers... but i mean someone who i'm not related and forced to like.
"florence listen to me. i am almost completely positive that tewkesbury fancies you as well. and even if he doesn't, who cares? he's just a boy."
"but he's not just a boy enola! he's someone that actually seems like they care about me, and he told me something he's never told anyone before. now i have to just go see him? after not seeing him in days! and it's going to be even more weird with you there!" i go on and on.
"good thing i'm not going to be there then." she states.
"huh?" i ask, thinking i heard my sister wrong.
"i'm not going to be there. i have business to attend in town, so you will have to see him yourself." she tells me.
"enola no, how, what, i cant do th-" she cuts me off.
"florence, you're going by yourself and that's final. you aren't able to do what i have to do, so you're in charge of retrieving your prince charming." she says with a wide smile and giggles.
"i hope you know i hate you right now." i tell her.
"you won't for long." she says before walking out the door to god knows where.

enola's pov-

thank goodness my sister is so gullible.
i have everything but something to do today.

florence's pov-

i walk through the busy shopping area of london in my light purple dress.
this one is definitely my favorite so far.
i'm cut out of my thoughts as i remember what i'm about to do.
why does she have to do something today?
she's leaving me alone with the boy i fancy!
why?
i ask myself as i walk through a small florist area filled with people and small children running around.
i turn to the side as two young girls run past me, bringing a smile to my face.
i walk around quite a few people, looking around for tewkesbury.
i continue to walk as i look to my left and see him.
here goes nothing.
"i would like four yellow flowers, two blue, and a red one." i start acting as if i don't know my flowers. "i don't care about the breed, any flower will do." i finish.
he jerks around, looking at me from the ground up.
i give him a small smile, in which he returns.
"what are you doing here?" he asks, the smile remaining on his face.
"why, if you're passionate about flowers, would you come to london?" i say, scrunching my nose and looking around.
"because i can be lost here."
"and yet... i found you."
"and why have you done so?" he asks.
i just stare into his eyes, nibbling on my bottom lip out of habit.
"you're here for the money. both of you are. they've offered a reward." he tells me.
"have they? i didn't know..." i begin walking towards him. "well i must tie you up and claim it!" i joke running towards him, holding onto the front of his long grey jacket.
he looks down at me with wide eyes as i suddenly forget what i was going to do.
i stare into his brown eyes as he stares back into mine.
i swear for a second it looks as if he's leaning in.
i quickly back away and begin to talk again.
"i've come here because i've grown to like you much more in your absence. and enola! enola too." i say trying to cover for myself. "and because, as it turns out, your life is still in danger." i tell him with a slight shrug.
"what's made you like me more?" he asks me as he grabs a beautiful pink flower.
"really? that is your question? not 'who is trying to kill me?'" i ask him with furrowed brows, obviously not confident enough to reveal the true answer.
he hands me the flower as i lightly grab it.

"i found your flower pressings. they were very beautiful. enola doesn't give a fig about flowers, but i do, of course." i tell him, turning around to quickly smile at him.
he gives a light laugh.
"that's because she's ignorant." he tells me.
"you couldn't be anymore true." i tell him
"ignorant and willfully so." he tells me.
"you could change your mind about a boy." i joke.
"i'm not a boy. i'm a man." he says, inhaling.
i look at him with a raised brow. "you're a man when i tell you you're a man."
"you do look better in breeches, i'll give you that." he tells me.
i push his shoulder a bit hard as he stumbles backwards into a column pulling me with him.
"i've missed you, florence holmes." he tells me as his hand rest on the backs of my elbows.
"i missed you too, although i did keep getting dragged back towards you." i say smiling and stepping away.
"now, come on. we're in serious danger, if you didn't know." i tell him walking away as he follows behind me.

third person pov-

as florence and tewkesbury walk away, they pass by a column with a metropolitan police poster on it
'missing girls, may be disguised, finders fee £4'
with a drawing of enola and florence displayed on it.

authors note !
sorry for the short chapter! i felt like it was a good place to cute off at, and start the next chapter at:)
i hope you enjoyed this chapter cause i know i like to write it!