9

POV Grian

Grian felt himself being shaken awake. Blinking open his eyes, he was surprised to see Xisuma holding his shoulder and looking at him worriedly. Yawning widely, he rubbed his bi-coloured eyes and stretched. He was still very tired. Xisuma spoke. 

"Hey, Grian. Are you alright?" He asked kindly, a gentle smile on his face. 

"Ye-yeah I'm fine, 'Suma." He repressed another yawn. "What're- what are you doing here?" 

Xisuma looked slightly guilty. "I came to get some answers for something I was curious about, but this is probably not the best time. How about I just leave and let you sleep? You seem like you need it." 

Grian shook his head. "No, I have some questions for you too. You can stay, if you can deal with early-morning me." He chuckled. 

The admin smiled. "I'm sure I can manage. Do you want to sit somewhere more comfortable?" 

The short hermit nodded, motioned for the armoured man to follow him and led him to a small reading nook within the library. He started talking. 

"So, X, what brings you here?" 

"I'll get straight to the point, Grian. How did you know that I'm a Voidwalker? I haven't told you, yet you called me voidling and also my full name." 

Grian was mildly surprised. "Voidwalker? Is that what you are? What's that? Tango didn't really say much in detail about it, I only knew that you were of the Void. As for your name, that's a slightly longer story, and has nothing to do with the voidling comment. Do you really want to know?" 

Xisuma raised an eyebrow. "Yes, I do. I have all day." 

Chuckling, G responded. "Well, it's not quite that long, but good. I'll start. What do you know about the Watchers?"

A suspicious frown immediately appeared on the admin's face. "They're Endwalkers, and the sworn enemies of Admins because of some long, complicated history at the start of player-recorded time." 

Grian motioned for him to go on. "What else? Do you know any physical attributes, powers, etc?"

Thinking for a moment, Xisuma continued. "They have Void magic, though a different branch than the Void admins do, because theirs is usually gold while Watcher's magic is purple. They wear masks to hide their identities and have-" he broke off, realising something important. "Watchers have huge, light purple wings sprouting out of their backs. Like- like yours used to be, Grian, what-"

Grian cut him off. "I used to be a Watcher. Until very recently. I don't know why I'm not anymore, but here we are. Most admins have a Watcher assigned to them, to monitor them. It's not like spying, just making sure that all was well in the servers that you run. I was assigned to you when I finished my training, therefore, I know some basic facts about you. Basically, I know that your name is Xisuma Void, you have a brother named Xaviell Vian, you are both Glitches, and your father's name is Zander Doom, who is also an admin. That's pretty much it though. Watchers can either be normal players in the admin's server or... well, just Watch. Your last watcher chose to remain hidden, but I wanted to be a player. It's up to the individual." 

Xisuma was feeling a lot of things. Overwhelmed, confused and betrayed, just to name a few. "So, this entire time, all the things that we did together, was that all just fake? How much-" 

The shorter hermit stopped him before he could say anything more. "No, X, that was not fake. The person you see in front of you is still the same person you knew. It would be far too difficult to hide my personnality for that long, I truly am who you knew. Knowing that I was a Watcher for that time doesn't change that, does it?"