Chapter 1 - 2008 Aberdeen, Scotland

It was Saturday morning, and I was glad not to have work; I woke up this morning after having a well-deserved lie-in, It was my 22nd birthday today, and I had planned a relaxing day, doing nothing till nighttime when the girls, where we had planned to go out and celebrate hard.

 My phone beeped on the table, I reached over to pick it up, and it was a message from my best friend, Beth; 

 "Happy birthday, gorgeous, Be ready in an hour. Then, I will pick you up." 

"What did I have to be ready for? Why couldn't I stay in bed for the day." I texted her back.

 "JUST BE READY" was her response.

So, I dragged my arse into the shower, after throwing some leggings on, a baggy jumper and some boots, put my hair in a plait. I grabbed my handbag, threw all of the stuff I needed in there, picked up my keys and made my way out the door,  locked up the door and turned to see a taxi car pull up. I hopped into the front seat of the Taxi, and Beth was sitting in the back seat; she wrapped her arms around me from behind, pulling me in to hug and wishes me a happy birthday.

"So, where are we going?" I asked after being released from her grasp.

"I am not telling, but you will love it" she smirked at me.

We pulled up outside a random building, we got out of the car, and she grabbed my arm, pulling me along and into the building. Once we were inside the reception, it was stunning; the décor was simple, all white with touches of gold and blues throughout. While Beth spoke to the receptionist, I went and sat on one of the comfy couches. She got given a key card; Beth returned and said, 'follow me. 

After practically begging her to tell me what was going on, she finally caved in and said; we have a room for the day; we are getting massages and using the spa facilities. So we entered the room, and there was a couple of bottles of champagne and a small buffet of food set up on the table. So we poured some bubbly and put on some music, and chatted for a while. Both were drinking and were giggling at some silly story of our past when a knock at the door startled both of us. Beth answered, and our masseuses were ready to set up for our massages. It was so relaxing I hadn't even noticed a whole hour had gone past. After they had left, we drank the rest of the bubbly, and we were both slightly drunk, so I called reception and had more delivered to our room. We were inebriated by the time we left there, but we had so much fun together.

I got home, and it was time for me to start getting ready; I went into the living room and turned on my classic 80's record on high to keep my party mood going. But, first, I needed another drink, so I wandered into the kitchen, grabbed a bottle of wine out of the fridge and a wine glass, and made my way to my bedroom. Now, it was time for getting ready for a night out with the girls. I was so excited because it wasn't often we all got to go out altogether, but we had arranged it many weeks in advance. They had demanding jobs, and some had families, so advanced planning was needed.

I finished my makeup and had smoky dark eyes and bright red lipstick. I looked in the mirror and thought, yeah, I don't look too bad. I wore a figure-hugging black dress and killer red heels; I straightened my long bright red hair.

I finished my drink and poured another, and I wandered through from my room to my living room. I danced around to the music with my glass of wine as I waited for my Taxi. A car horn came from outside, signalling the Taxi had arrived. I downed the rest of my drink, grabbed my coat and made my way out to the waiting cab.

"Where to miss?" Said the cab driver.

"Chicago's night club please", I responded.

I was excited as I hadn't been to Chicago's (80's nightclub) in ages. He pulled up outside the door, and the girls were waiting outside; I paid the driver and hopped out, running up to the girls giving them all hugs, we made our way inside. The first stop was to get the party started at the bar; a few shots and a couple of rounds of drinks later, we were all tipsy. The girls had reserved a booth covered in balloons and banners in the corner next to the dance floor. We plopped ourselves into the booth and shared more drinks, and they even arranged for a birthday cake had brought out around midnight. They sang happy birthday. I made a drunken wish blew out my candles. We made our way to the dance floor; the course of alcohol flowing through mixed with the best 80's music made me want to dance.

While on the dancefloor enjoying ourselves, the single girls found men to dance with. So Beth and I decided to dance around and have fun together. We were about to sit; my favourite song started blasting out, Bon Jovi's Living on A Prayer. e looked at each other and ran back to the dance floor, singing at the top of our lungs, hands waving in the air having the best time. 

Closing time came round all too soon. We decided to go to the takeaway shop on our way to the taxi queues to get home. After an hour, I was finally in a taxi on the way home to my bed.

I got into my house and kicked off my heels, making my way through to the kitchen to get a glass of water. What a night, I thought to myself as I  walked through to the living room and just flopped down on the sofa pulled the table closer so I could reach my food. I lay down, just wanting to chill and rest my feet for a bit; the shoes may have looked good, but they were a bastard for your feet. I could feel my eyes closing, and I tried to fight it, but it was no use; the dancing and the alcohol had worn me out.