Chapter 3 - 1985

Not knowing what to do, I didn't want to walk out into their conversation; I knocked on the door to let them know I was coming back out. When I opened the door, Jon and Richie were sitting on the end of the bed looking up at me; I felt my heart race a little as two of the hottest men looked at me. But, thinking to myself, now is not the time to be fantasising over them.

"Not that I was eavesdropping on your conversation, but I can safely say I'm not a groupie. Well, I would have been if I was old enough in the '80s." I said nervously, playing with my hands as they both looked at me.

"But it is the 80s, sweetheart!" said Richie, still looking at me confused.

"How did I get here? Where am I anyway?" I asked. Both men looked at each other and shrugged their shoulders.

"We are in a hotel in Vancouver, Canada, and we are recording our slippery when wet album; it's 1985, and as for how you got here in this room, we have no idea; I woke up to find you sleeping next to me this morning," answered Jon.

God, his voice was just as hot as when he was singing and on TV was all that kept running through my head as he spoke.

"Well, I can tick that off my bucket list then", I joked, trying to lighten the mood. 

Both men whipped their heads up at me, making me blush as I mentally face palmed myself for having no filter at that moment, something I was very well known for, not being able to control my mouth.

"What do you mean by that, Cori?" they both asked at the same time, giving me curious looks making me blush even more brutal than I was.

"Erm, nothing, it doesn't matter, but I will let you know that I have no filter when it comes to blurting stupid stuff out at the moment, whether at the right time or not! It usually gets me into trouble!" returning their question.

"Well, looks like we are going to have some fun with you, but first we need to know what you know and the last thing you remember!" said Richie looking up at me through his shaggy brown locks, making him look even hotter.

The two men separated and patted the space between them for me to sit. My heart was racing; I was sitting between the two men I had fancied for most of my life. Yet, as I sit between the two, all I can hear is my heartbeat thumping in my ears.

"May I have some water, please? My head hurts", asking no one in particular. Richie stood and got a bottle of water out of the fridge and grabbed some painkillers handed it to me, taking his place right back next to me.

"Well, last night we went out to celebrate my birthday, we were in Aberdeen on a night out with my girls dancing in the 80's nightclub. They got me a birthday cake; I made a wish and then We partied till 2 when the nightclub closed went and got a takeaway, then I got in a taxi to my house, went inside kicked off my shoes then got some water, lay down ate my food and must have dozed off on the sofa in 2008, and well you know the rest." I explained to both of them.

"OMG, there are 80's clubs in the future, and did you bring any of your friends with you?" asked Richie.

"Yeah, they play all the classics and anthems from the '80s. It's my favourite nightclub by far; I'm glad that's what you find fascinating the most and no, I don't think I brought anyone with me. it's not like I planned to come here and wind up in someone's bed." I answered enthusiastically.

Jon was sitting quietly next to me, not saying anything. I think he was trying to get his head around it all, so were I, but I honestly had no idea how I got here or why. Sitting, sandwiched between these two, was not helping my concentration. My mind kept going all kinds of dirty.

"You made what wish?" Jon eyed me curiously.

 I had to wrack my brains to think of what I'd wished for then it came to me. But, of course, I was completely drunk by that point.

"Bollocks!" I muttered out loud by accident.

"Excuse me", they both replied, shocked.

"No-no-no, I didn't wish for bollocks. But, oh my god, I can't believe this; I wished that I had got meet you guys in the 80s," I embarrassingly told them.

"Ha-ha, well, looks like your little birthday wish came true, sweetheart", they both replied.

"So, are we still hot rock gods in 2008?" asked Richie

"Oh God, yes, you are still by far the hottest and the best." blushing at my no filter mouth, going off on one again. Richie laughed at me, blushing.

"No need to be embarrassed, sweetheart. It looks like you could be with us for a while. We don't know, so I guess we best get used to your no filter trouble making mouth, and you get used to us," he said with a cheeky wink, making me blush even harder, hiding my face behind my hair.

"Jon, keep the pretty little trouble maker company while I go for a shower and sort my shit out", Richie shouted across to Jon, as he seemed to be lost somewhere in his head.

Jon whipped his head round to the both of us; we sat looking at him. He looked like a rabbit caught in the headlights. But, on the other hand, he was kind of cute.

"I'm going to sort my shit out, look after our young lady here. I'll be back soon." he shot back at Jon again. Jon just nodded, and Richie left; We both still sat there, just looking around the room and occasionally glancing at each other. My one-track mind was throwing up all kinds of dirty scenarios about Jon and Richie.