Chapter 4 - 1985

I got up to stretch my legs out a bit as I had been sitting down for a while. As I went to get up to move around, Jon put his hand on my leg, halting my movement. I looked up at his face to see what he was doing. But, unfortunately, I made the mistake of looking into his eyes, and he stared right back into my eyes, and I had lost all conscious thoughts once again.

"I think I like you", he whispered just enough to hear before his face got closer to mine, and I saw his eyes closing; next thing I knew, his lips were on mine. Making my eyes flutter shut, then a hand came up to the back of my head, and our kiss deepened. Oh god, was he a good kisser? Fuck yeah, he was. I think I just died and gone to heaven with that kiss.

"I've always fancied the pants off you", I blurted out, ready to hide my face in shame.

"Oh, have you now? No need to be embarrassed about it. I mean, I am hot." Jon replied, laughing a little at my embarrassment; I just nodded my head and looked down at the floor. He came in closer again, and just as his lips ghosted over the top of mine, a loud Bang on the door made us jump apart.

"Jon, open the fucking door, man", shouted Richie from the other side.

"Cori, Please don't tell Richie what just happened. We have to keep this, us quiet till we figure whatever all this is out!" whispered Jon. I just nodded, still dizzy from the kiss and the fact I'm in 1985 with Bon Jovi; if this is a dream, I never want to wake up.

Jon crossed the room to open the door to his lead guitarist, pulling him in quick.

"We need to come up with a plan and a reason as to why Cori is here; we will have to convince Doc to let us take her with us if she is still here when we leave. We also need to get her some clothes, and she can't wear that dress for however long she's here. People will get suspicious." Jon ranted to Richie.

"I know, man, I've been thinking while I was sorting my shit out, we obviously can't say she from the future, or we will be placed in the loony bin. But, we could say she is an old family friend. But, all of her relatives are older and knew we were over here and asked our parents if they could ask if she could come with us for a while." Richie said.

"How do we explain the Scottish accent then, oh wise one?" replied Jon sarcastically.

"Ah fuck, I forgot about that minor detail! Christ sakes, why couldn't u have an American Accent, Cori?" questioned Richie.

"Well Fucking forgive me for dropping through the space-time continuum and not changing my accent to suit your asses! Besides, they have those marvellous inventions called aeroplanes that can fly. I'm guessing you've never seen one." I snapped back

They both looked at each other and back at me and started laughing hysterically.

"I guess there goes that no filter mouth of yours again", Richie managed to squeak out in between laughing and breathing.

"No, just my smart-ass sarcastic mouth. I have more than one side to me and will give either of you boys a run for your money, Sweetheart!" leaving the last part dripping in sarcasm and blowing them a little kiss.

They stopped laughing, looking at me in utter shock that I spoke to them in that manner as I had only been sweet, leading up to this point.

"Oh, and boys, I bite harder than I bark" I winked at them and shot them a cocky smile as I walked into the loo, leaving them utter gobsmacked.

I closed the bathroom door, my heart pounding in my chest. I looked in the mirror and tried to work out some of the noughts in my hair with my fingers, realising I had nothing with me, no make-up, clothes, underwear. 

"Ah, crap on a cracker, how am I meant to get anything? I have no money anything with me. How am I meant to live?" I thought to myself.

Then came a gentle knock on the door, taking me out of my thoughts.

"Cori, what size feet are you and size clothes are you? Richie shouted through the door.

"I'm a size six shoe and size ten clothes that are in the UK, but I don't know what is over here, but I don't have any money to buy stuff," I said back.

"It's ok, Darlin, we got this covered; I'm going to run down to the store and pick up some bits for you. Jon is going to stay here with you; if anyone comes to the room, hide somewhere till we sort our story out."

Some heavy footsteps were walking away from the vicinity of the bathroom and some hushed words; then, I heard the main door to the bedroom shut. After that, it went eerily quiet, and I wasn't sure if both had left; then, I heard footsteps approach the bathroom door and a gentle knock again.