Orientation Day.

Of course I'd be late to my first day set aboard the Superb Shuttle program. I've woke up at two A.M. for boot camp every day before,  but somehow I'd managed to sleep through the greatest day of my life.

"Blue! Blue, hurry!" Cyan threw her small body on top of me. She had been packed since yesterday.

"Later, Cyan." I mumbled.

"Now, Blue! We're missing orientation!"

That kick-started my brain. I hit my head on the top bunk as I launched out of bed and put on my fresh-pressed outfit, running like a headless chicken around the room my sister and I shared.

"Where's my stuff?"

"In the car, hurry up!"

We ran to the car and sped to Town Hall.

"Did you really oversleep?" Mother whispered.

"I'm so sorry."

"You've done it this time!" Father gripped the caller of my shirt. "You're lucky they're sending you to space or I'd-"

"Turquoise! Control your temper!" Mother huffed and straightened her bun.

I stepped out into the sweet spring air before Town Hall. It occurred to me this would be my last time on Earth for three months. I got misty-eyed.

Mother held Cyan and I close to her. "Oh, my litte supernovas. I'll look up to you every night."

"Mom, I don't think that's how it-" Cyan elbowed me in the stomach. 

"Hey Blue, don't you wanna go find your boyfriend or something?"

"He is not my boyfriend!" I whined just to keep Dad at his distance. "But I probably should be finding my group now. See you on board, Baby Sis." 

I kissed Cyan on the cheek as her group approached to embarrass her.

Mayor Aburn held a microphone to her mouth. "Ladies and Gentlemen, we are her to witness history as the new generation of space exploration joins the ranks."

I probably should go find Black.

"Bye Mom, love you." I ran into the crowd.