Welcome to space, you f*cking idiot

Finding my team, gearing up and getting into the ship was the easy part. I nearly forgot what we were doing until the lights in the main control area started blinking. Cyan ran to me and held my hand.

"Don't worry, Cy. Just put your seat belt on." 

A blonde furrowed her eyebrows from across the room. 
"I don't know why they bother with these young recruits, they're such crybabies."

Black huffed. "Shut up Red. Your're just jealous Cyan can reach the foot restraints."

Pink chuckled and Yellow stared at her warmly.

Black held my hand and set on the other side of Cyan. Cyan beamed. "Thanks Black."

Honestly, Black and I had been dating for some time now. He had this way of getting my head out of the clouds, which was more then helpful. He had also practically raised Cyan when Mother and Father wouldn't stop fighting.

Speaking of fighting, I should probably explain why I'm even doing this at all. The Stellar Space program is based on survival, and the quality of life humans can learn to have in distant space. Adult mentors would check on us, sure, but we were to be  on our own for the next three weeks. 

I was looking foward to winning this thing pretty easily.

The red emergency hatch sealed shut, and all the beeping of outside machines and cars were gone. We were left in pure darkness until Orange and Green started wrestling for the flashlight.

"Guys, stop! We need to be careful until we can get to Electrical." I insisted.

"Wow, got the girls yelling at me already." Orange licked his lips. Black gripped the smaller boy's collar. 

"They're not a girl. And we got plenty of time to fight if you ever forget it."

Orange laughed nervously. "No bro, we're cool."

Black slapped him anyway before buckling back into his seat. I gripped his and Cyan's hand and we prepared for blast-off. Our heads jolted back, almost stuck to the headboard of the seat as we thrusted upwards. 

By the time we could move our heads and necks again, Orange,Green and Lime Green had already taken their seatbelts off to move around. Red slapped Green across the face. 

"Babe, knock it off!"

"I can't belive these knuckleheads were the top of your class." Cyan whispered.

 I watched Red and Green continue to bicker.

"You and me both."