Beginning

"Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently."

-anonymous

-

--------------------------------------------------------

??? POV

" LET ME GO!" I shouted as tumultuously as I could as I tried my best to get out of the glowing electric chains that held me captive in the horrific dark dungeons.

It was night and the renozé's were safeguarding the secret island in which I was trapped.

The terrifying place had treated us like animals, lashing us with canes, giving us scars and all the gruesome abuses which I couldn't have even conceived.

Even though he cried out for the nth time, he was answered with a deafening silence which he had become done with.

His beautiful features now held unexplainable emotions that scarred face.

It had been over ten years since Taehyung came here and he yearned for his family enormously.Indeed, he did miss them a lot but couldn't be with them even if he wanted to.He did go to see them but couldn't reveal his identity to them as he didn't want to put his family in danger.

the last time he saw his family was around 3 years ago- her dear sister.. he smiled sadly after remembering how she looked like.

"boycut mustve grown so much." he thought as he reminisced about the last time he saw her, secretly hiding behind the school gate while wearing a black mask and dark goggles as he saw her giving an exuberant smile to her best friend, also, hugging her way too tightly which made her best friend cough.

he chuckled lowly, happily witnessing the graduation ceremony.. He knew he could not show himself to her anymore.Not even come in front of her now, as his skin had been affecting severely because of the risky travel he took just to see her.His skin started developing weird marks or perhaps scars you'd never seen. his face started to melt, his hands developed hair follicles and his body tissues were getting damaged faster than any average human being...

all because he wanted to keep his family and his world safe, but now he couldnt even say if it was safe anymore..

FLASHBACK (12 YEARS AGO)

"Mom! i came first in the national mechanics competition!" Sixteen-year-old taehyung  ran to hug my mother with the biggest smile, gripping the golden trophy tightly as a rush of serotonin feulled his brain

"I knew you'd make it my lovely little brainy boy!" the middle-aged lady who was taehyung's mother looked at his son skipping with joy.

she welcomed him with open arms, letting him hug her as tightly as he wanted to.. she smiled proud of her sincere and hardworking son whom she saw working hours on the project.

"Oppa? Did you win a trophy again?" A young nine-year-old dragged herself out of her room with an I-am-so-done expression on her face as she was pretty much used to seeing her brother winning prizes and bringing laurels to his school and his family.

"Yea I ain't like you eating chips and watchin Peppa pig all day... you shouldn't watch it that much... you're 9! A big girl! I am telling you... youre being possessed by her cuz you're becoming a pig as we-" and that's how the little girl smacked her elder brothers shoulder as hard as she could, earning a groan from her brother and a hearty laugh from her mom.

"Mom I'll be heading to my garage now." taehyung spoke as he waved to his mom simultaneously teasing her younger sister while making his way to his "lab of ideas."

He headed to his garage or you could say his workplace... he was a genius or you could say a humble genius... he wanted to create something for the betterment of the world. He went inside his garage and continued working on the secret project no one ever knew of. Not his teachers not his friends and also not his own family. He wanted it to be a suprise... he was trying to create a machine that could help him duplicate food. He wanted to end the need for hunger all over the world. He did this by trying to create replicas of  the exact same atoms, atomic structures and arrangements which could be found in those specific type of food which was to be created...

He was working for it for days. He knew he was close at getting the result... apart from it being a secret project, he actually got the idea from a journal, his dads journal... his father was a scientist as well and a perfectionist at his job. He was diligent, innovative, social and intelligent but unfortunately he lost his father at the age of ten as he died in a car crash.

He knew something was not right as the postmortem was wrapped up pretty quickly, declaring as a car crash though hardly any evidences were found. but then over the years he forgot about it and continued to carry on with his studies.

He found his dads journal 2 years ago and had been determined to find out the solution for a long time.

"Test 108. day 1043. Time 15:23pm. START"
taehyung spoke loudly facing the camera. He took a few steps towards the machine and entered a carrot and turned on the switch.

The machine started working and working and after a minute the whole room was shaking. Taehyungs heartbeat ran a mile but still he tried to keep himself calm.

It had been 3 minutes and now the lights started flickering as well. Suddenly the machine produced smoke and stopped with a big thump.

Taehyung sighed as his experiment seemed to fail for the nth time he moved a few steps forward to check what had gone wrong this time when the machine produced a spark...

Then another spark.

And another...

And he saw 2 carrots coming out of the machine looking exactly the same.

And thats how taehyung realised his experiment was successful.

But little did he know, his little experiment had led to the beginning of something much more greater that humanity had ever imagined.

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

Guys I am back! I missed writing this book for so long.I was yearning to continue this book but couldnt get enough time... I was terribly sick as I had caught covid 19. On top of that I was detected to have dengue as well so my temperature was as high as 106°C so I had to get admitted to the hospital ASAP.

Everyone please take care of yourselves, stay strong- mentally and physically. These are tough times and we all will overcome it with flying colours.

Have meals, enjoy your favorite programmes and spend happy times with your loved ones.

Love,
Shimmerely