Traitor?

Kera's POV

I thought I had died as the cool breeze of the heavens hit me...

But no I survived because somehow, I managed to open one eye and then another.

I had blurry vision and I couldn't feel my body. It was like I was half dead and I felt very numb.

Flashback

I noticed that rose and I sat together while prof., Haruto and mark sat together in a three-seater, with mark sitting in the window seat somehow not looking like his usual self.

I looked at him and I couldn't decipher his feelings. I couldn't read him. He had an emotion that didn't suit him and the situation.

Why did I see sadness and pity in his eyes?

And soon our plane took off...

We were headed to Puerto Rico, a Caribbean island and unincorporated U.S. territory with a landscape of mountains, waterfalls and the El Yunque tropical rainforest.

I decided to put on my headphones and chill while I listened to my favourite songs.

Just after my second or third song, my professor informed me that he was going to the washroom.

we all were having lunch together when rose spoke up,

"gurl I never expected us to go to Puerto Rico, I thought we would be heading to some sorta boring building and help the colleagues but look at us going on an international trip wee hee"

we both laughed at the weird sound effect she made and Haruto scrunched up his nose in disgust

while Mark, well, he seemed unbothered.

looking at Mark's unbothered response I decided to lighten the mood a bit.

"hey wanna prank on that cold guy over there" I giggled while asking rose with my hand pointing towards Mark's sulky face.

"sure" rose replied with a mischievous smile mirroring mine.

"So what's the plan?"

"Do you have mayo?"

"Of course I do! " rose stood up and took out her dark blue backpack and pulled out the mayonnaise bottle and handed it over to me.

"so what do you plan on doing with this?" rose question while I took out a pack of Oreos from my handbag.

"I am gonna take out the cream and put some mayonnaise in it and tell Haruto to hand it over to mark" I giggled while I did the nasty job

"nice plan" rose giggled along with me while I handed it over to Haruto trying my best to control my laugh.

"Hey Haruto, pass it over to Mark over there," I spoke

Haruto pouted "where's mine?"

"don't worry I got more" I answered whilst showing the oreo packet.

Haruto beamed with joy and gave the biscuit to mark

Mark took the biscuit from him and both of us were eager to see his reaction and we surely weren't disappointed.

Marks face scrunched up in disgust towards our teammate while Haruto had a questionable look on his face.

Rose and I couldn't stop laughing. we legit made the passengers in front look at us with a weird eye but we didn't mind.