Flight

I woke up early today as I had a flight to Washington ...

So I woke up at 6:30 and did my morning routine as usual. I had packed my bags yesterday night but still rechecked if I had collected all the important files that I was told to bring and most importantly the long form which I had sent...

and my wallet too of course

Our team was informed that there was a secret base which was located there at the last moment...
Earlier we had plans to go to straight to the NASA headquarters but I wonder what made them change the location at the last minute.

It was around 8 am right now and I booked an uber and was currently on my way to the airport.

The cool winds and the bright sunshine got me pumped up for the day. I rolled down the car window and inhaled the fresh morning oxygen and let my hair feel the wind.

It was indeed a really good day.

I reached there by 8:15 am and saw that Rose was already there.
She wore a simple Tshirt and rocked it with a pair of bold dark jeans and leather jordans.

"So are you excited about the project?" I spoke in an excited manner to rose as she shared a smile as bright as mine."

"Yes definitely! I wanna know what's in store for us... it would be a great experience too!"

We were casually chatting and saw our professor coming along with Haruto with a small briefcase which made us doubt if he actually was coming with us or not. On the other hand, Haruto struggled to carry his suitcase which constantly kept opening.

I and rose tried controlling our laughter but ultimately failed when he accidentally slipped which made all his items fall everywhere.

The professor smacked it forehead while the others looked at us with a shock on the mess he had created.

Haruto blushed from embarrassment and we all helped him get his items back to place."

Finally, we managed to tape his suitcase which we borrowed from the luggage loading department.

Our flight was at 10:30 and it was already 10:17 but there was no sign of Mark.

"Sir, have you tried calling him? We haven't even checked in for our flight as we're still waiting for him" I spoke, annoyed at waiting for him to arrive.

Then we suddenly heard the fire alarm and made our way towards the exit gate no.1 where we saw a huge fire.

everyone was panicking. some kids were so scared that they were crying too.

Soon the lights went off too. There probably was a stampede occurring too as everyone rushed to the exit gates.

"Please don't panic! kindly be calm and form a line and patiently follow us." the security guards tried attempting to calm the restless people but hardly anyone listened to them.

"everyone stick together, we will be exiting through gate no. 9 located at the backside so please don't even try to think of wandering off anywhere else" our professor spoke in a loud voice which was audible to all of us as we agreed to him in unison.

We all were near the gate no.9 When something caught my eye.

beside the gate was a restroom and I spotted something or rather someone.

I saw Jimin and Rena carrying Mark who seemed to be unconscious.

I suddenly felt a chill down my spine when I made eye contact with Rena who looked at me with a smirk.

**RINGGGGGG**

I heard a loud shriek which I felt would make me go crazy 

Then I opened my eyes and saw both my phone and my alarm clock go off as loud as possible and I looked at the time and mentally felt like being hit by a truck.

"ITS1010OHMYGOSHIHAVEONLY20MINSUNTILMYPLANEDEPARTS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH"

I yelled while trying to calm my lazy self as I started to dress up. thankfully I had packed all my stuff last night which didn't add to the troubles currently faced by me.

I tied my hair into a pony and wore the first thing is could grab from my wardrobe. my situation was horrible. I was somehow trying to multitask, as I grabbed the necessary files while making myself a simple toast and brushing at the same time.

It was a big mess, bigger than the mess Haruto created in my dream.

I somehow reached the airport and went through all the procedures. 

" JetBlue, B-737 gate no.8C is about to close its check-in gates in 5 minutes."

 I heard the loud robotic voice in the airport and realised it was the same plane which I had to board.

I sprinted towards the gate and finally managed to board the plane.

I tried to find my seat when I saw my teammates and the professor waving at me and calling out my name.

Haruto looked at me and smiled brightly while rose looked she could dose off any moment.

However, the professor looked at me with an annoyed expression.

"Do you know how many times we tried to reach out to you? you should've woken up early. We all came on time except for you. Next time, please don't be late Akera" He spoke to me with a worried look as I bowed my head down in disappointment.

"I'm sorry sir, I won't make the same mistake again," I spoke as the latter approved of me with a small smile.

With that, I took a seat near the window and sat beside rose who was now sleeping peacefully.

I noticed that rose and I sat together while prof., Haruto and mark sat together in a three-seater, with mark sitting in the window seat somehow not like his usual self.

I looked at him and I couldn't decipher his feelings. I couldn't read him. He had an emotion which didn't suit him and the situation. 

Why did I see sadness and pity in his eyes?

And soon our plane took off...

Love,

Shimmerely