The Walk Home

𝔸𝕟𝕟𝕒 ℙ𝕆𝕍:

It's been over an hour and there is still no sign of Benny. The boys and I have been sitting around in the heat just waiting for him to appear. But then I look up and in the distance I see Benny. I stand up and yell at the boys "Guys!! Look its-" but before I could finish my sentence I see another girl walking along side Benny... its Destiny. The boys are furious and all run over to Benny yelling so many different things. Finally Benny says "Guys!!! Chill out. I stopped along the way here to pick up Destiny from her house." But of course the boys are still mad and making a fuss. Thats when I cut in and say "Hey! Lets just play one game and then go home. This heat is killing me." They all agree and take their places. I take home plate.

𝔹𝕖𝕟𝕟𝕪 ℙ𝕆𝕍:

Jeez everyone was so mad at me for picking up Destiny and being late. I mean at least Anna changed the subject and got the boys off my back. I couldn't tell if she was mad that I had brought Destiny but from what I sensed she was fine. Destiny sat in the dugout and everyone took their places. I started to make my way towards home base but when I get there and look up Anna is already there getting ready to bat. I say to her "Oh I thought I was batting first." She quickly says "Well since you were late, I thought it was only fair that I go first today." She gave me that smile, the smile that was innocent and sweet. She had convinced me and I made my way towards centerfield.

𝔸𝕟𝕟𝕒 ℙ𝕆𝕍:

Finally the game had come to an end. I was tired and ready to go home. I said goodbye to all the boys and told them we could try and catch up later. They all agreed. As I turn to leave the Sandlot I see Benny and Destiny together. They were under a shady tree with his hands around her waist and they leaned in for a kiss. I had to look away because deep down it hurt. I started walking and thinking to myself about Me and Benny's friendship. We have been friends since I moved here. He introduced me to all the Sandlot boys and once they all knew I could baseball really good we all became best friends. He is my next door neighbor and we are always hanging out. But I have to keep reminding myself that he has a girlfriend and I can't get too attached. Not just for Benny's sake but for mine as well. I have to keep my guard up. I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard someone say "Anna!!! Wait up!" I sighed cause I immediately knew who it was. I turn around and waited for Benny to catch up to me. He said "Im surprised your not home by now." "What do you mean?" I responded. He said "Cause its been an hour since we all left the sandlot. I'm just making my way home now because I dropped off Destiny." My emotions and my facial expression quickly changed.

𝔹𝕖𝕟𝕟𝕪 ℙ𝕆𝕍:

I had came across Anna walking home from dropping off Destiny. I wondered why she was still walking around since we left the sandlot about an hour ago. But when I had mentioned that I had just came from dropping off Destiny, Anna's face completely changed in a way I had never realized before. Me and Anna have been friends for a long time now. I know every facial expression, mood, and tone Anna uses. But that was one I had never really seen before. I asked her "Anna what are you still doing walking home?" She said quickly "Oh... just had a couple stops to make." Which I knew was lie right way but just decided to drop the subject because she had started walking faster and we were almost home. We were almost approaching the house when I grabbed Anna's arm and said "Anna, what is wrong? You have been off all day. Is everything alright?" She looked at our arms touching and quickly pulled hers away from mine "I'm fine Benny. Don't Worry." But I knew she was lying straight to my face. "I'm tired so I'm going to relax for a little while. Maybe we can try and get a game together later with the boys." She said. I looked at her at and nodded my head.

𝔸𝕟𝕟𝕒 ℙ𝕆𝕍:

I knew Benny was watching me walk into my house. I closed the door behind me and went up to my room. No one was home. I dropped my stuff on the floor and plopped on my bed. I was just thinking about if Benny had bought my excuse about having some stops along the way home. I couldn't tell him that I had been walking around for an hour thinking about him. I started to drift to sleep thinking about Benny.

Hoped you guys like this chapter! I know it was long! More coming soon!! :):)