He's Not Mine

𝔹𝕖𝕟𝕟𝕪 ℙ𝕆𝕍:

Me, Destiny, the boys, and Anna all went to the diner to get some food. We were all starving after playing a couple games at the Sandlot. But Anna never evened played, never even came close to picking up the bat. That's how I know something huge is bothering her. She never passes up an opportunity to bat first or to even play. I need to talk to her but there never seems to be a right time. We arrive at the diner and all sit down at one table. But Destiny looks upset. I whisper in her ear and ask "What's wrong? Everything alright?" She quickly says "No! I think that me and you should get our own table. Benny its never just me and you anymore." She said this so loud that Anna and the boys could hear. The boys couldn't believe that Destiny had just said that. Yeah-yeah opens his mouth to say something but before he could Anna covers his mouth and all that comes out are muffled sounds. Anna says "Oh yeah... um... boys lets go to the table over there. There is way more room." They all get up and walk over to the table but all the boys give me death stares as they walk away. "Destiny, that wasn't very nice. They always sit with us what is the difference now?" I said to her. "Benny I just want it to be me and you! I'm not worried about the boys. Jeez Benny get the hint." What hint? Anna? She was worried about Anna being around.

𝔸𝕟𝕟𝕒 ℙ𝕆𝕍:

I could tell Destiny didn't want me around at all. When she said space I thought she meant here and there but not completely out of the picture. There was a pit in my stomach so I didn't eat much. We finally all leave the diner and I walk ahead of everyone, alone. I just wanted to get home and I wanted Destiny to stop giving me death stares. I turn around to the group and say "hey guys... I'm really tired and just want to get home. I'm going to run ahead. I will see you guys tomorrow." I turn to start running but someone is running towards me. Benny grabs my hand and spins me around to face him. He says "Anna we need to talk. I'm worried about you." "Not now Benny. Trust me... now is not a good time." My hand slips out of his and I start to light jog towards my house. I just needed to get home.

*At my house now* (Anna POV)

I plop down on my bed and close my eyes. But right when I do there is a knock at my door. "Come in!" I say and its my sister. "Long day?" She asks. "Rachel, why are things so complicated sometimes?" I ask her which answers her question. "They don't always have to be. Sometimes the answer is right in front of you. It just may take the other person a longer time to get the answer." She says this and I look at her with a strange look but before I could answer she says "There is someone down stairs at the door that may cheer you up." My first thought was Benny but it couldn't be. I ran downstairs and at the door was my best friend Scarlet!! We screamed for joy and hugged each other. She says to me "Omg! I've missed you so much!!!" I say to her "Lets go for a night walk so we can catch up!" She thought that was a great idea. We start walking and talking non stop. "Scarlet! Where have you been?" "Out of town with my parents. My dad's work drags us everywhere." she says. "Omg! Follow me I have a great place to show you." I start to run and she does too. She follows me all the way to the Sandlot. "What are we doing here?" "This is honestly my happy place" I say to her. We start to scream like crazy people for no reason. It is fun to just scream and not care what anyone thinks. We keep screaming until Scarlet turns around and hit me in the shoulder. I yell and say "What was that fo—" But before I could finish Benny is walking towards us.

𝔹𝕖𝕟𝕟𝕪 ℙ𝕆𝕍:

I had been in the dugout since I had gotten back from dropping off Destiny after the diner. I just need to think to myself about what Destiny had meant. But mostly I had Anna on my mind. I just wanted to make sure she was ok, that we were ok. I can't imagine losing Anna or my life would be without her. Just as a friend though. But not as a friend. I don't know, I can't describe my feelings towards Anna. I have never really wanted to think about it because I'm afraid of what I will discover. As I was thinking I start ti hear screaming and yelling. I walk out of the dugout and see two girls acting crazy in the middle of the field. I don't recognize either of them until I here a laugh that I know like the back of my head. Its Anna but with some girl. I make my over to them while Anna is still screaming. I can't help but laugh and smile when I'm walking towards Anna. Seeing her yelling like that. She is always acting crazy which makes me smile more.

𝔸𝕟𝕟𝕒 ℙ𝕆𝕍:

I saw Benny walking towards me and I almost froze. But Scarlet is like pushing me towards him. I say "Hi Benny. Sorry we didn't think anyone would be here at this time. I know its only 7:00 at night which isn't late but umm yeah." I can't help but laughing cause I knew I was rambling a little bit. I say "Oh Benny this is Scarlet. Scarlet this is Benny." They meet each and after thats done Benny looks at with those eyes that are hard to resist and asks "Can we talk? Please?" Of course I was going to say yes. I could tell something was up. "Yes sure. Scarlet...umm." But before I could finish Scarlet said "Oh you two take how ever long you need. I will be right over there." Benny grabs both of my hand and pulls me closer to him. I freaked out a little bit because all that was running through my head was that he already has a girlfriend. He says "Anna tell me what is wrong. Your not leaving until you do. Is it me? Did I do something or are you mad at me? Please... you know I'm always here for you. It feels like we have been distant lately and it almost feels like I'm losing you." I didn't wanna cry. Not in front of him because then he would know how much pain I was really in. I slip my hands out of his and put them on the sides of his face. I say to him "Benny! How could I be mad you. I'm not mad nor am I upset. You mean so much to me and if I was mad you I would tell you straight up." I said that laughing and continue to say "I'm just giving you space. I don't want Destiny to feel like I'm taking you away." "Did she tell you something?!" Benny said. I quickly said no because I knew he would be mad if he knew she did. I wanted to kiss him right then there though. Being so close, my hands on his face, and looking into his eyes. But I have to remember he's not mine. "Benny just trust me on this one, please. I got to go I can't keep Scarlet waiting." I walk away before he could say anything because I knew if he did I would have started crying in front of him. I walked back to Scarlet with tears coming down my face because I realize that Benny will probably never mine.