The Plan to Leave

𝔸𝕟𝕟𝕒 ℙ𝕆𝕍:

When I stopped running I couldn't believe where I was. I had ran all the way to the beach. The sun and the way the water looked was so pretty especially because it was 5:30 in the afternoon. I took off my shoes and held them in my hands. I walked onto the sand and the sand between my toes felt good. I walked until I couldn't walk anymore. I took a deep breath in and then my knees gave out on me. I fell onto the sand and started crying. I held my hands over my face and the tears kept running. I felt like I couldn't breathe. I cried and cried until I felt a tap on my shoulder. I look back and see a girl about a little older than me looking down at me. She sat down beside me and asked "Hey, are you ok?" I cried even harder when she asked me that. She looked at me and could tell I was hurt and said "Would you like to talk about it? Maybe telling a total stranger that you met at the beach could help." I finally tried to gather myself and I said "A lot has just gone down in my life lately. Especially with this boy. I just can't take it anymore so when I'm at my breaking point I run from my problems. So I ran here." She sighs and says "You remind me of a younger version of myself. I ran from my problems as well. Currently still am." She looks down and continues "it doesn't do you any good kid. I ran away from not only my problems but people who were willing to help through them. I mean look at me now. I'm still running after all this time and I'm on my own. My advice, go back and face your problems because you don't want to end up on your own." I gave her a small smile and said "Thanks for the advice and thanks for helping a strange girl you met at the beach." "Anytime" she laughs, gets up, and walks away. I look out at the ocean and watch the sun start to set.

𝔹𝕖𝕟𝕟𝕪 ℙ𝕆𝕍:

I told Destiny that I would catch up with her later and that I needed to take care of somethings. She agreed and ended up walking home. Once she left the sandlot I turn to see the boys giving me death stares as well as Scarlet. The boys start arguing and yelling at me. They were all talking at the same time and I couldn't understand one thing they were saying. But then Scarlet yells "BE QUIET!!!! ALL OF YOU!!" They all shut up and looked over at her. She continued and said "Benny I just want to knock the hell out of you right now but I can't!! You know why I can't??!! Because I'm worried about Anna. She is somewhere and we need to find her. We each are going to split up and look for her. We will meet back here in about 2 hours. If you find her bring her back here. Got it?! Now go!" All of the boys scattered and Scarlet walks to leave the sandlot but before she does she turns to me and says "This is your fault Rodriguez! Find her! You better hope shes alright." This 𝘸𝘢𝘴 my fault. I was worried sick about Anna and all I wanted to do was find her. I called her and texted her but no answer. I tried to think of where she could be. As I left the sandlot, all I could think about was her. What if she was hurt? What if she was in trouble? What if? I got a pit in my stomach. I was getting this feeling that I had never felt towards Anna but I didn't know what it was. I just needed to ignore it though. I just needed to find Anna.

𝔸𝕟𝕟𝕒 ℙ𝕆𝕍:

I watched as the sun set over the ocean. I sat and just thought about everything in my life. I also thought about the advice the girl had given me. But there was no way I could go back. I couldn't see Benny's face again. I just needed a break from everyone and everything. I needed to convince myself that Benny will never love me and that I need to move on. When I actually snap out of my thoughts it was 7:00. I knew what I had to do. I wasn't going to face my problems. I just couldn't. I started to make my way home because I had a plan. A plan to leave. As I leave the beach I look down and remember that my jeans are stained with blood, my face has a huge scratch on it, and my hands and arms are bruised. My whole body hurts. Emotionally and physically.

Time passes. Location: Anna's house (Anna POV)

I finally arrived at my house. The lights are out and it looks like no one is home. I grab my backpack off my back and pull my house keys out of it. I unlock the door and say "hello? Rachel? You home?" But no one was home. I head up to my room fast and pull out my huge duffle bag. I start packing my clothes and stuff into it. I also fill up my small backpack with some of my care products. I'm in a hurry because I don't want anyone to know I was here. Not even my sister. I knew they were probably out looking for me because I hadn't been home all day. My phone was also blowing up with texts and phone calls I hadn't been able to look at yet. Once I'm done packing I head down stairs and out the door.

Time passes (Anna POV)

I was going back to my hometown to visit my grandparents. They live in up in the country side and own a small little ranch out there. The only way to travel up there was by train. It's about a 5 hour trip. I knew this was the only way I could run from my problems. I knew I just had to get a way for a little bit. I had walked to the train station and purchased a ticket there. I sat down and waited for my train to board. While I was waiting I decided to look at my missed calls and texts. There was a lot. I had missed calls from my sister, Scarlet, Benny, and even my parents who have been out of town for about a week or two for my dad's job. I bet my sister told them about what's going on and they were probably worried. I also had gotten texts from mostly Benny. I wanted to read them but at the same time I didn't. But I did any way and they said:

Benny🙂🚀❤️: Anna where are you?

Benny🙂🚀❤️: Anna text me back or call we are all worried about you

Benny🙂🚀❤️: Anna please! Come home. It wasn't what is looked like with Destiny. I mean it was but idk.

Benny🙂🚀❤️: I...umm...lov—Anna just come home.

I slammed my phone down and took a deep breath. But then it wasn't long after that my train was ready to board. I got in line to board with all my stuff.