The Ferris Wheel

𝔹𝕖𝕟𝕟𝕪 ℙ𝕆𝕍:

I wake up and look at the time. It's 5:30. I look at Anna and she is still sleeping. She looks so pretty when she is sleeping. I shake her a little and her eyes flutter open. She turns to me and says "What time is it? Are we late for the fair?" "No don't worry. Its only 5:30. I just wanted to wake you up so if you needed time to get ready or something." I said to her which makes her smile right back at me. This whole entire day has been amazing and its not even over yet. Whenever I'm with Anna she makes me feel like I can be myself and that no matter what happens I will always be ok. She gets up and walks towards her closet. Not knowing what to wear. But then she turns around and and gets back onto the bed and wraps herself in her blanket. I say "You ok?" And she smiles and says "yeah I just want to lay down for a few more minutes before I get ready. You wanna play a game." "Sure" I say. She thinks about it for a little bit and says "Lets ask each other questions and we have to answer truthfully. I will ask you first." "Ok go head." I say. She thinks for a little bit and then smiles and laughs. She says "Benny Rodriguez, why do you like to play baseball?" "Why do I like to play?" I say "Well because it helps me forget everything that is going on in my life. It lets me shut out the bad and helps me be happy even though it may not last." I say. She smiles and says "Ok...your turn to ask me." "Why do you put others before yourself? Why don't you take care of you?" I said to her and she said "I don't know, maybe habit. I just feel like I need to take care of others because they need me more than I need myself. Also it kinda helps me to avoid my own problems when I don't feel like facing them." "Anna if you won't take care of yourself I will for you. I will never be the one to hurt you. I promise." I said to her and she quickly says "Benny... don't make a promise you can't keep" and before I could answer she gets up and grabs an outfit from her closet and heads into the bathroom to get ready.

𝔸𝕟𝕟𝕒 ℙ𝕆𝕍:

I walk into the bathroom and start to get ready. It was sweet of Benny to say that to me but promising something is a big commitment. I have to keep my head on straight. Don't get me wrong, this day has been the most amazing day of my life. But I can't risk getting to close and then getting hurt. He still has a girlfriend that he probably loves!!! I snap out of it and start to get ready. I change out of my comfy clothes into my white tube top and and blue jeans.

Outfit:

 I do my hair and put on a little bit of makeup

 I do my hair and put on a little bit of makeup. I walk back into my room and Benny says "Wow...um...you look..." and I smile and say "Thanks. Now cmon we don't want to be late to meet the boys." We make it to the fair grounds and the fair lights look so pretty up against the night sky. We walk a little ways until we see a huge crowd of boys running towards us. Its the boys and they are yelling for joy. We go on a couple of rides and then sit down at one of the tables to eat. But out of no where I see my sister and tell the boys I'll be right back. I run up to my sister and scare her from behind. She turns and yells "Anna! Everything ok?" "Yeah everything is good. Just been hanging with Benny and the boys." I say. She gives me a look and I know what she is hinting at. "We are just—" but before I can finish Benny grabs me by my waist and hugs me from behind. "Hey Benny... you taking care of my little sis." Rachel says "Yep I told you I've always got her." He says and my sister smiles at me. "Well after I'm done with the fair my friends are going to sleepover at our house" my sister says. I say "Ok...so I will see you at home later?" "Yeah of course." she says and we say our goodbyes. Me and Benny walk back to the table when someone from behind scares me. I turn around and it is Scarlet! "Scarlet!! You scared me!" I say laughing. She says "for some reason I knew I would find you two here." "You can hang with us and the boys." I say "I would love to but I came with my parents and my sister. But you wanna hang out tomorrow? I can meet you guys at the Sandlot in the morning?" Scarlet says and I say of course and we hug each other before she heads back to her family.

𝔹𝕖𝕟𝕟𝕪 ℙ𝕆𝕍:

After Anna is done talking to Scarlet we head back to the table where the boys are at. But when we get back the boys are all moaning and groaning. They ate so much they look like they are going to be sick. Anna laughs that sweet little laugh of hers and turns to me. She whispers in my ear "Lets let them be for a little and go on the Ferris wheel." I nod my head and say to the boys "hey guys me and Anna will be right back. Don't go anywhere." And Yeah Yeah says "Oh there is no chance we will even get up." Anna and me laugh as we walk towards the Ferris wheel. We walk and I look at Anna. Her eyes are lit up and she looks so happy. She is so...I don't know you can't describe it. But I can tell she is cold so I say "Here take my hoodie." She quickly says "Oh no its ok... if I take it you will be cold." "Don't worry about me. I'll be fine." I say as I hand it to her. She slips it on and it looks so good on her.

𝔸𝕟𝕟𝕒 ℙ𝕆𝕍:

Benny gave me his hoodie and it smells just like him. It is soft and gives me butterflies in my stomach. We finally make it to the Ferris wheel and wait in line. I lean on one railing and he leans on the opposite one across from me. He is just staring at me and I smile and I say "What?" "Nothing just that my hoodie looks good on you." And when he says this I almost go weak at the knees. We finally are loaded onto the Ferris wheel and it starts to go around and around. I sit close to Benny and lean on his shoulder. Its quiet between us but a good quiet. When the ride came to a stop we got stuck at the top. I scoot closer to him and he says "You scared?" "A little but no not really. The view is amazing" I say. He smiles and pulls me closer to him. Finally when we get off we start walking back towards where the boys where. I look at him and say "Benny I've had a great—" but something stops me mid sentence. I see Destiny walking towards us and she is not happy. She yells and say "Oh look at you two!!! One day I'm gone and of course you guys are hanging out just the two of you!!!" Benny quickly says "How did you know we were here?" "It doesn't matter!!!!" Destiny says and continues but turns to me and gets up in my face and says "I told you to stay away!!!! And what do you do the minute I'm gone and not by his side!!? Jeez don't you get it!! He is mine!!!! Not yours!!! Lets be honest he will NEVER EVER be yours!!!!!" Water starts to fill my eyes and I try holding it in as best as I can. But Benny steps in between her and me and I say "Benny no just—" but it was too late Benny says "Destiny you have no right to talk to her like that!! Back up!! She means a lot to me and if you really care for me you will leave her alone!" "You know what Benny this isn't working out! You pick her over me every time no matter what!! We're done!" Destiny says and walks away. I look at Benny who is frozen in place. I can see the tears running down his face. I grab his hands and say "Benny you didn't have to do that for me. Next time just leave it." "Anna, yes I did. You're crazy if you think I wasn't going to." Even though he say those words I knew he was hurt. I knew I had to put aside my own problems and feelings to help him. He was my number one priority so I said "Benny...lets go home. I will gather the boys and tell that we will meet the at the Sandlot tomorrow." He looks at me with sadness in his eyes and I knew that was a yes.