Run

𝔸𝕟𝕟𝕒 ℙ𝕆𝕍:

I was woken up in the morning by my phone going off. Scarlet was calling me. I wonder why she is calling me this early. But then I look at the time and it is 11:45. Almost noon! I look over and Benny is still fast asleep. I look around the room for a second and a smile comes to my face. But then I remember Scarlet is calling me. I put on my shoes and run outside to take the call. I don't wanna wake up Benny. I answer the call and say "hey Scarlet...what's up?" "Nothing, I'm just calling to see how last night at the fair went with Benny. You guys looked so cute together, he really cares about you Anna." Scarlet says. I quickly say "Last night didn't end too well. I really need to talk do you think you can meet me at the Sandlot in about 15 minutes?" She knows right away something is up and says "Of course. But Anna, are you ok?" There again! That question. I knew I could avoid it once again and I said "Yep totally fine. Just worried about Benny." Scarlet tells me that she will see me at the Sandlot in 15. So I quickly run upstairs and grab my things from Benny's room. I walk into the bathroom and change into my jeans and a yellow little sweater with a white tank underneath.

 I walk into the bathroom and change into my jeans and a yellow little sweater with a white tank underneath

 I walk out of the bathroom and leave a note for Benny on the pillow next to him. It says 'Benny, I have to go somewhere real fast but I will be back soon. Don't worry everything is fine.'

*Time passes. Location: Sandlot (Anna POV)

I get there and see Scarlet underneath a shady tree. I run over to her and sit next to her. She says "What's going on? You didn't seem right over the phone." I tell her everything that happened last night. I tell her exactly what Destiny said and how Benny stuck up for me. I fill her in. I feel like I have told this story a thousand times. Every time I tell it, it makes me feel worse and worse. The pit in my stomach grows. After I'm done telling her I say "Uggg Scarlet why are things everywhere? My feelings and thoughts are all over the place. I have to make sure Benny is ok. I have to make sure he isn't hurt. I need to deal with the things in my life and sort out my feelings and—" but before I can finish my ramble Scarlet stops me and says. "I know the one thing your not confused about."

𝔹𝕖𝕟𝕟𝕪 ℙ𝕆𝕍:

I wake up and Anna is gone. I kinda have a panic moment until I see she left a note. I read the note and it makes me worry a little. But then I see the part where she told me not to worry and I smile. I can't believe the time. I never sleep in that long. I think about last night, about the good and the bad. Last night was crazy. With the whole Destiny thing. I never waned to bring Anna in to it. She didn't deserve what Destiny said to her. But I also couldn't get it out of my mind what Destiny did say to Anna. Had Destiny told Anna something and Anna didn't tell me? What does Destiny mean by Anna never ever being mine? Like my girlfriend? No there is no way she meant that. Did she? I need to stop! I get up and walk to the bathroom and get ready for the day. After I'm done I get on my bed and just scroll through my phone when I hear something being thrown at my window. I look outside and it is Destiny. Why is she here? I walk downstairs and answer the door. I meet her outside. She says "Can we talk? We need to clear some stuff up. I know you probably don't want to talk to me but please." I nod my head and we sit on the curb.

𝔸𝕟𝕟𝕒 ℙ𝕆𝕍:

I'm sitting talking to Scarlet and I say "What am I not confused about?" She looks at me and says "Your feelings towards Benny." I sign and bury my head into my arms. But I here someone say "She's right Anna" I look behind me and it is the boys. They come and sit around us in front of us. Yeah Yeah quickly says "Yeah Anna have you seen the way Benny looks at you? The way he talks about you?" Then Ham says "Yeah Yeah and Scarlet are right." "Are you blind!" Squints says. I laugh a little at all of them and say "Guys who cares what I feel for Benny. It doesn't matter. Destiny is right, he will never be mine." "Tell him." Scarlet and the boys say in sync. "Tell hime how I feel!!! Are you guys out of your minds?" "Maybe we are but maybe we aren't." Scarlet says and continues "but you never know until you take that risk, jump off the cliff, and leap. Wouldn't you rather take a risk and him say no he doesn't feel the same rather than never knowing and he could fell the same?" "Just go! Don't think just go! And when you get your happily ever after come back here with Benny us and Scarlet will be waiting for you guys" the boys said. All of sudden I had all this courage and I went.

Time passes Location: Almost at Benny's house. (Anna POV)

I'm so nervous right now and my hands are shaking. I can't breathe but at the same time I can. I'm almost there and I feel like turning back. But something is pushing me to do this have the courage to go. I breathe in and take a deep breath. But as I'm approaching Benny's house I see him talking with someone. As I get a little closer but still at a distance I can see who it is. It's Destiny. But that doesn't stop me. I keep walking but then all of a sudden my heart drops. I feel like I'm going to die in that instance. I can't breathe. I'm trying to gather my breath. I look and they leaned in for a kiss. Their lips were smashing against each other. That was my breaking point. That's when I knew I couldn't run from the question of 'Are you ok?' But even though I knew I had to face the question my instinct was to...run. Run. As far as my legs would take me. So that's what I did. I ran.

𝔹𝕖𝕟𝕟𝕪 ℙ𝕆𝕍:

I was talking to Destiny. She was telling me how sorry she was and that she was just jealous. She thought Anna would take me away from her. She didn't know what she was even saying and that in the moment she was just upset. I didn't know if I believed her. I wanted to but something was holding me back and I knew what is was. Or who it was to be exact. But then all of a sudden Destiny's lips are on my lips. Once we both pull away I'm in a shock. Then she says "I hope we can be boyfriend and girlfriend again. I miss you a lot." I stand up and she does too. I hug her but something feels off. But I ignore it because it is just my feelings pulling me somewhere else; to someone else.