Chapter 3 💙

As Monday rolled back around you dreaded going back into work because now everything was different. You had to act as if your heart wasn't shattered so Spencer wouldn't know your true feelings. JJ and Emily were furious with him even though he technically didn't do anything wrong.

You got up at 5 am as always and got ready for work. You took a shower and got dressed then repacked your go bag just in case you had to leave. You were out the door by 6 am. When you arrived to work Morgan had just got out of his car and waited on you to park.

"Baby girl how are you feeling?" Morgan called as you ran toward him.

"Just peachy" you sarcastically smiled.

The two of you walked inside and into the elevator together.

"That doesn't sound convincing" he laughed.

"I'm about to walk in those doors and sit in front of my best friend who I have the biggest crush on and he doesn't like me back. I had to listen to him tell me about some beautiful girl he likes that isn't me. Just not feeling it today"

The doors opened and you walked toward the glass doors but Morgan had stopped right outside the elevator. You turned around and gave him a look.

"You, here now." He said pointing in front of him.

You laughed and rolled your eyes walking up to him. He stared at you for a minute before he spoke.

"Princess, you're absolutely gorgeous and I know it doesn't feel like it right now but you will find a man who sweeps you off those pretty feet. You'll look back on this and laugh about it because it will not matter. It's his loss baby" He told you cupping your cheek.

"Thanks Derek. It means a lot." You smiled.

He kissed your forehead but then pulled away looking through the glass doors and had an odd look on his face almost like he'd been caught doing something wrong.

"What?" You said turning slowly.

Spencer was standing on the other side of the door staring at you two. He didn't look happy. When he saw you looking he turned around and walked away.

"For someone who doesn't have feelings for you he sure does seem jealous" Morgan laughed.

"I don't know" you sighed "Let's go."

Morgan led the way into the BAU and you headed to your desks. Spencer was sitting at his with his head down.

"Morning Spence" you whispered as you walked past to your desk.

"Morning. Got you coffee, just how you like it." He mumbled.

You turned to see a cup on your desk.

"Aw thanks you didn't have to do that" you said.

He got up and walked away from you without saying anything.

"Woah pretty boy where are you going?" Morgan said.

Spencer said nothing he walked into the break room and closed the door. Everyone looked at each other confused.

"Should I?" Morgan asked.

"No, let me." You said.

You walked toward the break room and knocked on the door before you entered.

"Spence?" You said when you walked in noticing he was sitting with his head down.

"Y/N please" he said.

"No Spencer. What is wrong with you? Saturday you were mean to me because of something someone asked you about me. You told me you didn't want to talk about and I didn't push. Today, you see Morgan kiss my forehead and cup my cheek and you're mad? What has gotten into you?" You snapped.