Chapter 16 💙

⚠️: THERE IS A SPOILER FOR AN EPISODE IN THE LATER SEASONS SOOOOOOO KEEP THAT IN MIND.

P.S. SORRY IN ADVANCE FOR BREAKING YOUR HEARTS AND MAKING YOU WANT TO PUNCH JJ 🙃🙃🙃

•••••••••••

You'd been in LA for a few days on this case. Another body had been found with the same thing. Gun shot and word liar written across their chest in their own blood. You'd come to the conclusion that these people were all connected through a case that happened a few years back. You were getting close to uncovering the unsub.

"Garcia, do we have anything?" Hotch asked.

"I have a man by the name of Joseph Bennet. His brother was killed by a drunk driver in that case. The driver was sent to jail but was just released a few weeks ago and he was victim number 2." She said.

"Who could his next target be?" You asked.

"What about the judge? It says here she gave him a 5 year sentence and the family be it should be a life sentence." She said.

"Where is she now?" Hotch said.

"She should be at her office." She told you.

You went with Hotch to find the judge and get her to safety but she was not in her office. Hotch called Garcia back who had the whole team on the line.

"She isn't here." Hotch said.

"Rossi and Morgan are closest to her house, I'll send them there." Garcia said.

You heard a bunch of noise like a car turning quickly around.

"What was that?" You asked.

"We found her and Bennet. They're parked on the side of the road. Garcia send our location, we're moving in." Spencer said.

When you got to the location Spencer and JJ were locked inside the store with the unsub. You had no communication inside.

"Garcia, I need those cameras." Hotch said.

You were nervous because your boyfriend and one of your best friends were being held hostage inside. You were trying to keep it together as you anxiously waited for the security footage to be brought up. It took some time but Garcia finally was able to pull it up and you were able to see and hear everything going on. The unsub didn't want to communicate with anyone outside. He was armed and had both JJ and Spencer tied up on the floor and unarmed. JJ continued to try and talk him down as he had a gun held to the judge's head.

"Hotch what do we do?" Morgan asked anxiously.

"I don't know, we have to trust they can talk him down until we find out a plan." Hotch said.

Your heart was pounding out of your chest as you watched. He pushed the judge to the ground and pointed the gun between JJ and Spencer.

"You don't have to do this." JJ said.

"They all lied." He snapped.

"I get that and they will pay for their lies but you have to let us talk to our team." She tried to persuade him.

"How about this...we play a game and if you win I'll let you walk out but if you lose I kill us all?" He laughed.

"What game?" JJ said.

"Truth or dare." He smirked.

"Okay, fine I'll play." JJ said.

"Truth or dare?"