Chapter 6 💙

The next morning you sat up in your bed and leaned your head against the wall. You felt horrible for what you were doing to Matt because he was a sweet guy, but that kiss with Spencer was something you'd never felt. You could feel the love that radiated between the two of you.

Your mind was filled with so many thoughts. Spencer finally admitted his love for you but so did Matt, but you didn't love Matt. You liked him and he was sweet but love? You'd only known each other a few weeks. How were you going to end this? You didn't want to hurt him. Then there's work. How could you not tell your friends? How could you keep it a secret when there would be obvious tension between the two of you? On top of all of that how the hell could you make it a week? You hoped to get a case so you could have a few days away where Matt would understand you not talking to him very much.

You got ready for work and grabbed your bags before leaving. On the way there you got a phone call from Matt.

"Hello?" You answered.

"Hey there beautiful" Matt said.

"Oh hey, what's up?"

"Just wanted to say good morning to my favorite girl before I head into work"

Stop being sweet. Stop being nice. I'm about to break your heart.

"Aw how sweet" you nervously laughed.

"You okay? You seem nervous" he asked.

"No yeah I'm great, just didn't get much sleep last night so I'm a little tired. But hey I'm pulling into work so I'll talk to you later, okay?"

"Yeah of course! Before you go how about dinner tonight? I'll pick you up when you get off." He said.

"Uh yeah sounds great! I'll see you then."

"Great! I love you beautiful"

"Love you too" you forced out before you hung up.

You felt horrible. Absolutely horrible. How were you going to go to dinner tonight and sit with him for hours talking when all you would be thinking about is the way Spencer's lips felt against yours? You were praying for a case. You pulled into work and made your way upstairs. Everyone was there but Spencer.

"Hey, how are you after last night?" JJ said with a sympathetic smile.

"Yeah Spence was a real ass" Emily said.

"Actually he came over last night and apologized." You said.

"What was his excuse this time?" Morgan asked.

"You know the normal "you're my best friend and I just wanted to protect you" I told him that if Matt gave him a bad vibe he could've played nice and told me later. He understood and was very apologetic" you told them.

You couldn't look any of them in the face so you kept looking down.

"How's Matt? Is he okay?" JJ asked.

"Um yeah he stopped bye while Spence was there and they talked. He called me this morning and we're going to dinner tonight" you said.

They all could tell you were nervous about something. You wouldn't look at them and you were fidgeting with your hands.

"Princess did something happen? You seem tense" Morgan said.

You had to think quick and then you remembered Matt saying he loved you so you went with that.

"Okay, yes something happened, Matt told me he loved me" you sighed.

They all exchanged looks and you thought for sure they knew you were lying.