Chapter 15 💙

BEFORE READING: I just want to make it clear that the president in this story can be literally anyone. Don't think it has to be our current President, because god no, but I really left it open so you could use a president maybe you liked or just a random person lmfao he really isn't important to the story he's just background.

                                  ••••••••••••

It was the night of the charity event for your parents. You'd been nervous about it all week but both of your parents were excited. You spent the afternoon getting ready. Spencer was on his way to get you so you could head to your parents house to meet them before heading to the event. You were wearing a long black dress that hugged you tight and had a slit up one leg to about the mid thigh. You wore black heels that tied up your ankle a bit. You were finishing up the final touches when Spencer texted you letting you know he was outside. You grabbed your bag and went downstairs. Spencer was pulled up outside the building leaning against his car looking at his phone as you walked out. When his eyes fell on you took his breath away.

"Holy shit" he whispered as he eyed you up and down.

"Are you alright Dr. Reid?" You laughed.

He held out his hand and you took it moving closer to him.

"You are absolutely breath taking, you know that?"

"You're not bad yourself" you smiled.

He opened the car door and you slid in. He hurried around front and you started toward D.C.

"So what exactly do I talk to your father about? Politics?" He asked.

"If he brings up political stuff then yes but if not no. He will most likely start a conversation so don't worry too much and when we get to the event he will be distracted with work." You told him.

"W-what if they don't like me?" His voice was shaky.

"Honey, they'll love you. You're smart, handsome, and you make me happy that's all they could ask for. Stop worrying so much." You rested your hand in his lap.

"Y/N, we're going to be in the same room as hundreds of politicians and the President how am I not supposed to worry?" He laughed.

"Spencer, they will be focused on each other not us. We're just there to support my parents, no one will be even paying attention to us." you said even though you weren't sure if it was true. You hoped it was.

When you pulled up outside of the neighborhood at the gate you saw Spencer's face.

"Good evening, last names and I.D." An officer said.

The two of you gave your last names and showed your badges. The gate opened and Spencer pulled through.

"A guarded gate?" Spencer asked.

"Spencer, my family and the families who live here run our country what did you expect?" You laughed.

As you drove through the neighborhood you saw amazement on his face. When you pulled up to your parents home he sat in shock.

"You lived here? You grew up here?" He laughed in disbelief.

"Again, my parents work in the White House" you laughed.

"This house is huge" he told you.

"Are you ready?" You shook your head laughing.

"I guess" he took a deep breath.

"They will love you." You rested your hand on his.

The two of you got out of the car and you slid your arm into Spencer's as you walked toward the house. You opened the door and as always were greeted by the dog.