Chapter 4: School; Part 2

Omariis walked out of the room and to her next class, the whole class watching her in continued awe. Omariis rolled her eyes at their antics, but hurried on; after all, she had art.

When Omariis walked into the art room, she felt at peace. Well, as much at peace as a survivor of war could possibly be at. She handed the slip to the teacher to sign, and the teacher did before saying, "Hello class! As you probably already know, we have a new student! Could you please introduce yourself to the class?" Omariis almost sighed, and she put on her pureblood mask as she said, "My name is Omariis Ankaa Estrange and I moved down here from England a few days ago. I used to go to a fancy boarding school in the Scottish mountains called Hogwarts. I moved here because my school was being renovated, and I wanted to stay with my uncle and cousin, Charlie and Bella Swan." 

After that, she moved to where the teacher had pointed to, a seat next to, as the teacher had said, "Edward Cullen." She sat down at her seat, and noticed the bronze haired vampire next to  her said. Omariis nodded before class started. "Alright class! Today I want you to draw something meaningful to you. And then, I want you to share what it is about. Go!" Omariis got to work.

Omariis picked up a sketching pencil, ready to get to work. She decided that she would draw herself with Hermione, Harry, and Ron, to get it off of her chest. Zoning out, she went right to work, pouring her heart onto the paper that she so much felt the reality of. She made sure to draw the Hogwarts castle in which they were in front of, right beside their favorite tree. Omariis had just finished her drawing as the teacher called time.

"Hm, let's see, um, oh! How about our new student come up first to show off and explain their drawing hmm?"  the kind teacher said. Omariis stood up and trudged to the front of the class, ready to show them a part of her past. Once she got up, she showed her picture, and it was met by gasps and audible noises of awe and wonder. Omariis explained, "This is a drawing of my friends and I at our old boarding school. Ron is the tall, gangly, one on the far left, closest to the tree, Hermione is the girl holding Ron's hand; they were a couple. I am the one next to Hermione, and Harry, is the one leaning on me." Omariis said, before she began to hurt with the ache of never being able to see her friends again. Her heart ached for Harry, her old lover. That's when she explained with all the bravery that she could muster, "I drew this because they were my best friends, and Harry, my boyfriend during school. Unfortunately, they were all murdered last May-" she stopped, remembering that they were muggles, and said, her voice void of emotion, "-in a school shooting. Many people died then, and the school covered it all up."

Omariis looked back at the class, whom were looking at her with varying looks of sadness, pity, and wonder. She didn't wait for the teachers response, and she went back to her seat. When class ended, she rushed to her next class; gym.

Once Omariis got to the gym, she went straight to the locker room and changed quickly into her long sleeve gym uniform, in order to mask her blood-traitor scar on her arm. Then, she put her beautiful red hair up into a high ponytail and slipped into some tennis shoes. She knew that the shorts hinted at one of her scars on her leg, but nothing attention seeking thankfully. She walked out of the locker room and to the bleachers to wait for class to start.

She saw yet another vampire, this time, entering the gym; he was the buff one. He grinned at her joyously, and in her shock, she waved back. Once everyone was out and in the gym, the coach said, "Alright everyone! We are going to run 7 laps and then, do our courses. There will be a girls and boys course remember. Most of the boys were grinning arrogantly, but Omariis just smirked to herself at what she would show them. The coach blew the whistle, and she was off.

Omariis ran, and ran, and ran, lapping several walking girls more than once, and the boys too. She truly crushed them. She actually relished the shocked look on the coaches face, along with everyone else's, but the vampire just continued to grin at her. Once she finished her laps, the first one too, she wasn't even out of breath. The coach just stared shocked at her. 

Once everyone finished their laps, the coach sent them off to their courses and she went to the boys one. The coach yelled at her, "That's the boys one!", "I know!" she said, every bit badass that she was. She finished it the fastest, and the first. The coach dismissed her and she went to change. As she was changing, a girl approached her and introduced herself, "Hi! I'm Jessica Stanley! You must be Omariis! I've of course already heard all about you..." Omariis toned her out by nodding, and walking away, right to Language Arts.

When she got to Language Arts, she realized that she not only had one vampire, not two, but four vampires in this class, she almost physically blanched. She saw the large, muscular one, Emmett, she recalled, Edward, from her last class, Rosalie, thankfully, and, to her annoyed displeasure, the blonde one, Jasper Hale. Giving her slip to the teacher, she signed it and said, "By Ms. Hale, if you would dear." After nodding, she sat next to Rosalie, who was sneering. But Omariis knew that face, it was one of a pureblood mask, worn only by the wives of the most superior and pureblooded families, like the Blacks, Lestranges, Malfoys, Zabinis, Notts, Greengrasses, and of course, her own, the Estranges. She admired Rosalie for that. Class began.

Once class was over, she walked with Rosalie to the cafeteria for lunch. When she got there, she only picked up an apple and a bottle of water. She did this because she knew that she still hadn't gotten back to healthy eating habits after the war. She had practically starved herself, because she gave her food to Hermione when Hermione secretly gave hers to the boys. She could only digest a meager amount of food, otherwise, she would get sick. She ignored Rosalie's worried look and continued on her way, as she followed Rosalie to her table with her 'family'. As she neared the table, she saw a practically bouncing, pixie-like vampire with short hair grinning happily at her. Omariis smiled lightly back, which brightened her face, if possible, even more. She sat down with the rest of the Cullen clan, and ignored the stares of the cafeteria.

"Hi! I'm Alice Cullen, and these, as you probably already know, are my siblings! I'm sure we'll be good friends!" the pixie girl said energetically. "Alice, give her time to get set in, she doesn't need to be pestered more than she already had been." Edward said calmly. "I know, I know! But I just can't wait!" she exclaimed, failing to calm down. "Why don't we properly introduce ourselves, huh?" Edward said. The coven nodded. The bulky one began, "As you already know, I'm Emmett Cullen, Rose's boyfriend. Impressive show in gym by the way! You looked smoking hot!" he got a smack on the back of the head from Rosalie, and he apologized sheepishly, everyone also heard a soft growl, but nervously ignored it. Rosalie said, "Hi! I'm Rosalie! Nice to see you again Omariis!" Omariis smiled at the show. "I'm Edward Cullen, as I introduced myself earlier, I admire your artwork. Oh yeah, and, I'm also Bella's boyfriend." Omariis grinned at him and thanked him before they moved to the blonde, Jasper. "I'm, as you know, Jasper Hale, you made quite the show by the way. Teacher almost passed clean out!" Omariis tried her best to smile, but this vampire gave her a weird feeling, like he was almost obsessing over her. But, that wasn't true, she was just paranoid from the war. That's all. "Pleasure to meet you again Jasper." Once again, she thought  that she saw hurt and confusion cross his face, but  again, gone. Her thoughts were drawn away by a chipper voice.

"Well, I'll tell you a bit about us! Dr. Carlisle Cullen, and his wife, Esme, adopted us a while ago. We moved here from Alaska a few years ago. Now tell about you!" Omariis thought carefully, before saying, "I was born in a manor on our family grounds. My parents names were Druella Lucinda Estrange the second, nee' Lestrange, and Ignatius Orion Estrange the third. I grew up on the manor, and when I was eleven, I got accepted into Hogwarts, a private boarding school in the Scottish mountains. I attended there and made quite a few friends. I attended there until just last year, when my friends, and many died in a covered up, school shooting. The school closed for renovations, and with some family drama, I ended up here." Omariis looked at the table who were all looking at her with sadness, wonder, and happiness. Omariis was happy that she had made some new friends, she just felt slightly bad about not telling them about her sweeties yet. They didn't need to know yet. 

After a great lunch, Omariis made it through all of her classes perfectly, and learned that she was a star in choir. She was in a great mood until she walked into the door and was slammed into the wall.