Chapter 13: New Leads, New Realizations

Omariis Ankaa Estrange was now ready to apparate to South America. She knew that he had to be there somewhere, even if he was hiding. She knew Fenrir Greyback enough to know that he stayed in one place for either a really long or really short period of time. From what she'd heard, he'll be there for a while. So Omariis grabbed her beaded bag, and was gripped by Jasper, Alice, and Rosalie to accompany her. 

Once Omariis apparated to the tropics of South America, everyone let go of her and looked around. "I'll never get used to that." Rosalie complained. "Oh, suck it up Rose! We've traveled to South America, in seconds!" Alice marveled. Omariis and Jasper smiled yet again as the group began to travel towards the watery bank of the river. It was almost as nice as the Amazons here. Omariis personally thought that it looked beautiful. She simply loved the woods when they were like this, but wintery, thick woods, she could not stand anymore. After going on the run and hosting so many bad memories in that environment, she was done with it. 

The group continued walking until they ran into an elderly person. A woman in fact. The woman looked up at them with confusion, then admiration. "Ahh, the purity of young folks strolling through the woods with friends. I remember when I was a young'un." Rosalie smiled at the woman. She loved old folks who were kind and valued life and love. But the woman spoke again, "I heard that you were searchin' for a boy by the name of Fenny Greybeard?" Alice had to hide a laugh from escaping her lips as Omariis and Jasper nodded along with the woman. "Oh yeah, I think they sent me to tell ya that he lives just down there. My family saw ye struggle." Thankful for her help, Omariis thanked the woman and they walked confidently to where they saw that Fenrir Greyback was located. 

Omariis Ankaa Estrange expected children hanging from the ceiling of his cave. She expected a terrifying version of himself, intensified, waiting for her. But what Omariis did not expect, barging into his cave, was to see him sitting on a love seat with a woman who was smiling happily up at him. She did not expect five children running around, playing with each other like, well, like a pack of wolves. She did not expect to see Fenrir Greyback staring down at the woman sitting on his lap with so much love and adoration, that she had stopped in her tracks. Omariis spoke up, "This doesn't happen to be the den of Fenrir Greyback, does it?" All heads snapped to them and Fenrir narrowed his eyes protectively, recognizing her immediately. He stood up and gestured for them to follow him, but said to leave the vampires at the door. She agreed as she knew that werewolves and vampires were mortal enemies. 

"Why are you here, interrupting my peace?" Fenrir Greyback asked. Omariis cautiously opened her mouth. "Well, because nobody has seen or heard from you since the final battle, we had to up you as a lead for a string of missing kids. Clearly, it is not you." Fenrir gestured for Omariis to sit down and, while she was obviously uncomfortable, she did. "You see, after the final battle, I ran off, ready to get away. As I was on my way to Antarctica for a life of sadness, I passed a woman. A beautiful woman who just so happened to be a werewolf like myself. The woman had two little cubs already, but once we met, I knew that I had found my mate, and she did too.", Fenrir began, "We knew that it was love at first sight, so, we decided to move around a bit before we settled down here, and kept a low profile. In fact, the locals here are so kind that they clear the woods every full moon for us and my cubs. A little bit after a year later, my wife, Jannie, had triplets."

After speaking with Fenrir Greyback about his and her life after the war, he apologized for many things. First, for ever being such a horrible person during the war, and second, for her bite on her neck. The bite that made her half werewolf for the rest of her life. Omariis eventually realized that he had changed into a good, honorable man who was leading a great life with a happy family. They decided that should dire circumstances enter any one of their situations, they would keep in touch. After much thought, Omariis realized that she had nothing left to do there. She left with Jasper and Alice, straight back to Forks, Washington. 

Omariis smiled at the happiness that one troubled person could find. She almost smiled again, until she heard it. A rustle in the woods, and a yelp of pain that was quickly muffled. Omariis' head whipped in the direction of the mumble and she ran to it stealthily. Omariis screamed, Jacob Black disappeared and from the messy apparation, landed a clump of black hair. Omariis grabbed the hair, and levitated it into a bag for testing. When it was put into testing, Omariis realized that the pack knew. Omariis felt terrible. She wanted the tests to go by faster. They didn't.

At the end of the rather eventful day, the hair had finished testing. The name that tested 100% positive for the owner was, Bellatrix Lestrange. Omariis' eyes popped wide open. That was impossible, horrible, DISGUSTING! The hair couldn't possibly be Bellatrix Lestrange's hair! She was dead! Omariis recalled what they earlier test had said:

Bellatrix Lestrange: Deceased

That meant that her death couldn't have been confirmed, and just assumed. A tear that she tried to stop rolled down Omariis' face. She quickly wiped it away as a furious expression dawned on her face. "Of course! She pretended to die so that she could search for me and finish the job! Just great! I have one of the most dangerous, mad, Death Eaters on my tail, kidnapping children for revenge on me! Just wanted to finish the job huh? Distinguish whatever was left of the Golden Trio's friend group!" 

After many tries, the Cullens managed to calm her down enough to let her sleep. Omariis shifted and turned in her slumber, waiting to wake again, but didn't want to at the same time. The Cullens stopped. "Whoever this Bellatrix or whatever is must be seriously dangerous and involved with her past for her to react like this." Carlisle said to the family. They nodded solemnly. The family looked from their places at the scar that read, 'Blood-traitor' on her arm. This must have been the woman that did that to her. The Cullens filled with a new rage. A rage for their new friend and the pain that she went through. Jasper was especially angry at anyone who harmed his mate. 

After hours of sitting in silence, Omariis finally woke up and when she did, she went straight home and fell back asleep in her bed after putting Victorie and Teddy to bed as well.

Meanwhile, in Bella's room, a woman stood proudly in front of Isabella Swan. "The stupid brat is so broken!" the hooded figure gloated. Bella smiled along with her. "I've taken most of her little buddies away from her!" Bellatrix failed(decided not to) to tell Bella that she had taken Jacob as well. "And now, I'll take her, and kill her! After much torture of course!" Bella Swan was beginning to regret asking this crazy lady to take out her cousin. Bella thought that she would simply kill her and be done with it. But Bella knew that she couldn't back out now, so she continued on smiling like an idiot. Bellatrix laughed and said to Bella, "You know, I haven't had this much fun in a while!" Bellatrix then cast some sort of magic spell, and after it, she waved and popped away to whatever cave she slept in.

An hour later, Edward came into her room and lay with her, as usual. He smiled and stroked her hair, and kissed her forehead until Bella drifted off into a peaceful sleep.