Chapter 19: The Forbidden Forest

The clan of friends and family slipped through the darkness, admiring the beauty of the Hogwarts grounds at night: The way the moon illuminated the Black Lake, which only rippled softly during the darkness, how the trees looked even more dark and mysterious than before, but magnificent all the same, and the eerie glow in which emitted from Dumbledore's grave that lay untouched, just a good number of paces away. It felt good to be out on the grounds again, without the danger of death and losing friends looming forever above your head. The group made it to the edge, where Omariis led them in and chuckled as they gasped lightly. Omariis remembered her first time in the forest, when the trio and herself had been searching the woods after gaining detention for the first time. Hermione was positively mortified.

"Alright. Now, you are allowed to go anywhere in the forest, because for a vampire, it is safe to hunt and be yourselves here. Just please don't disturb too many creatures, and also, have fun. I'm off to bed, be back before breakfast." They nodded eagerly as Omariis went to sleep.

After Omariis had retreated, the Cullen family decided to leave through the window, and jumped through one by one. They landed soundlessly and sped into the forest without a second thought. With Carlisle leading them, they were practically fearless as a family. They took in the beauty of a magical forest, growing lush with magnificent plants that they had never before seen: flowers that glowed, hybrid animals, weird fruits, and so much more. Heck, they had even passed a flying cat! The moon was guiding them through the woods, along with their sense of smell and hearing, bringing them further as they smelled the sweet scent of does, stags, and somehow, mountain lion? 

Finally the Cullens found the area in the forest that withheld the animals that they wished for. The animals were plump and looked delicious. With smiles, they respectively went on their ways to catch their meals and then explore more. 

After catching their weirdly filling meals, the Cullen family found a clearing where they all sat down an decided on what to do. Rosalie and Alice wanted to explore the different plants and flowers that grew in the magical forest, Emmett, Jasper, and Edward wanted to look for different weird creatures, and Carlisle and Esme wanted to just explore in general, maybe meet other creatures. So, they agreed to split ways, ready to meet back by morning. Alice and Rosalie followed the alluring sound of a song, and came into a beautiful clearing.

"It's beautiful!" Alice exclaimed, well, more like squealed. Rosalie could barely hold one back herself. In the clearing, nothing was seen but flowers, tiny little cute creatures, and weird, but uniquely pretty wisps of silver light hanging down from the trees. Rosalie picked up a small, pink, puffy looking creature. What are you? She asked curiously. Surprisingly, she saw a small tag around it's neck that read, 'Pygmy Puff'. Rosalie decided to keep the adorable thing, and Alice grabbed one too. They picked some lush flowers, and gathered things to bring back, while playing with their new pets that they didn't even realize that they didn't want to devour.

Meanwhile, Jasper, Emmett, and Edward were running through the forest, racing and jumping branches the size of houses even. They had seen the weirdest creatures in the forest that day, and it was exciting them even more. But a low, almost growling voice rumbled them out of their fun as the ground lightly shook. "Who goes there?!" it rumbled. Edward stepped forward. "It is only us, we mean no harm to you, unless you cause harm to us." it laughed, but nonetheless said, "Who are you?", "I am Edward Cullen, and those are my brothers, Emmett Cullen and Jasper Hale." the voice stopped, seemingly caught off guard. "Are you, perhaps, related to Carlisle Cullen by chance?" it asked. Emmett snickered, "He really does have friends everywhere!", "Yes. We are his sons." The voice became excited. "Well then! My brothers, sisters, and children mean you no harm. He helped us out once, saving us from a savage wizard, long ago." Not wanting to be rude, Jasper asked anyway, "What are you by chance?" the voice responded, stepping out from the shadows.

"Holy shit!" Emmett exclaimed loudly, earning him a slap from Jasper. "Ow!" he whined, rubbing his head. A giant spider stepped from the shadows, revealing the jolly host of the voice. "I am an Acromantula, and though my father, Aragog has died, I am his eldest son. He helped me when I was just a young one, barely hatched in fact, but I remember him.", "I am Aranigog", "It is great meeting you Aranigog, but we really must get going." Edward said politely. Aranigog nodded in understanding, but let them leave with one promise, "Make sure to send Carlisle to me, I wish to greet an old friend, next time you come into the forest with him. I don't get visitors often." They agreed and left, to finish their adventures.

Across the forest somewhere, Carlisle and Esme had found a nice, beautiful waterfall in which they created a small spot, and simply sat, enjoying the beauty of it all. "It's quite amazing to have found a place that we can be ourselves. And even better, the people seem to love us! Omariis really has been a blessing to this family." Esme said kindly. Carlisle nodded in agreement. "I agree. She has brought so much to our family, and a place where we would never have to worry about concealing our identities. We can also have jobs, good jobs where we can teach about our kind and how we survive. You would have something to do during the day other than just staying at home. We should truly consider this." Esme smiled, "This spot, right here, is where I want to build a home, so that we could stay here in the summertime when school is out, and we can watch our kids mess around, maybe even making them build houses around ours, for their lives." The two sat in happiness, truly considering their better future that they could have.

Omariis Ankaa Estrange lay awake in her bed, thinking of the happiness that she had felt from meeting the Cullens. She had felt better, slept better, and despite the conflicts, had a great time with her life. She had also met Jasper, which was confusing as hell, but she loved him. Omariis didn't how it would work, because she knew that she still loved Harry, and probably would never get over him. She lay awake, thinking until her brain hurt, and finally drifted off into a peaceful sleep, a small smile on her face.

"Yes. I know, they have disappeared, but I promise, they will be back from their vacation soon. And yes, yes, I know, I will lead them straight to you. No, her. I will bring her, all for you."