Chapter Eight- The Pep-rally

It was the night of the pep-rally and while Y/n was practicing with the other cheerleaders, Marty, Paul, Bobby, Lee, and Jennifer sat up the booth and Lee's van. Jennifer was able to print and copy flyers for the party at Bobby's house tomorrow night.

The pep-rally had a bunch of booths promoting clubs, the football team, and different academics. There was also carnival games and food booths set up. The cold November air blew through the high schools football stadium.

'The Pinheads', Jennifer and Y/n still didn't know what they would do about Eddie and Bethany. Lee was still unsure about the situation, and Bobby believed Marty and Y/n more than Lee did. He knew what having a secret was like, and he felt bad that Y/n had to go through this.

The pep-rally started and Y/n ran up to the booth, her high ponytail swinging behind her. Marty watched in awe as she came up to him and slid her arms around his neck.

"Hey, future boy," she said. "Hey, doll," Marty replied. "I like that I can call you 'future boy' now in front of our friends," Y/n joked. Marty smiled at her and giggled.

"Oh yeah, and we love hearing it too," Paul joked, rolling his eyes. Jennifer laughed at her boyfriend's attitude. "I think it's adorable, all you ever call me is babe," Jennifer said to Paul taking a seat next to him at the booth. "Yeah, but it works for us. Y/n being from the past and all, it makes sense for her to call Marty 'future boy'," Paul said to Jennifer.

"Alright, we should start handing these out," Bobby said putting a box of flyers on the table.

"Great! Y/n and I will go pass them out," Marty said, putting an arm around Y/n's waist.

"Hey, you kids be careful!" Lee joked from the inside of the van. Marty and Y/n waved the rest of their friends goodbye.

"This is great! I can actually win you something!" Marty exclaimed, looking around at all the carnival games, as he and Y/n walked around handing out flyers.

"Yeah, but there is still the fact that Eddie and Bethany know about me. It's great our friends know but we don't know what we're going to do?" Y/n said worried.

Marty pulled her close, "We'll figure something out, beautiful. I'm just worried about Eddie getting his hands on you," Marty said.

Y/n looked at her boyfriend and playfully rolled her eyes, "You know that who ever wins that stupid competition isn't taking me out right?" Y/n said. Marty laughed and then processed fully what she said, "Wait, then what are we doing?" he asked.

Y/n laughed, "Oh come on, you know what I mean," she said. Marty playfully nudged her and kissed her forehead.

"I love you," he said sincerely, "I feel like I don't say it enough," Marty joked. "I love you too. I think we should head back to the booth the flyers are all gone and I actually need to go to the cheerleading booth," Y/n said.

Marty sighed, "Good luck, I love you," he said. Y/n kissed him on the cheek and ran off to the cheerleading booth. 'Okay, you have to keep yourself together, they don't know, that you know,' she told herself, adjusting Marty's jean jacket that she always wore.

Marty decided to pass out more flyers around the football field. While passing them out he thought of ways to help the one he loved, which usually was a very not 'Marty' thing to do, but Doc wasn't here and there was no way to reach him.
'I could steal the file and burn it. No but they would still know. But there wouldn't be any proof!' Marty thought going back and forth in his head. 

He then saw Eddie and Needles talking in the corner, sharing a cigarette. Eddie spotted Marty and walked out to him, Needles following, "Well, if it isn't the one and only McFly!" Eddie said with a fake smile. Needles laughed, "Hello, chicken!" he taunted.

"You know Eddie, Needles. I'm really tired of your bull shit. Y/n isn't going anywhere with you. I don't care who wins your stupid competition," Marty said.

Eddie grabbed a flyer out from Marty's hand, "Well, slacker, if your so confident. Looks looks like I'll be seeing you at that party tomorrow." Eddie said, Needles laughing behind him.

"See you McFly," Needles said as he and Eddie walked off.

After hanging out at the cheerleading booth, Y/n headed back to 'The Pinheads' booth. When she got there she found it was only Bobby sitting at the table, alone.

"They all left you, didn't they?" Y/n asked. Bobby nodded, "Yeah, Paul and Jennifer went on the Ferris Wheel, Marty is passing out more flyers, and Lee hanging out with some girl he met at our booth," Bobby said.

Y/n took a seat next to Bobby, she noticed that when he said Lee's name, a sadness fell into his eyes.

"What about you, no girl," Y/n said, lightly nudging Bobby. He laughed and shook his head, "No. I just have high standards, that's all," Bobby said, he had memorized that line whenever someone asked him about his dating life.

"I never asked why," Y/n said, sweetly. She felt something conflicting inside him, something was bothering him, she could sense it.

Marty then came back to the booth, "Hey doll, let me win you something!" he said, smile-smirking. Y/n looked at Bobby, and gave him a 'sorry' look.

Bobby, seeing the 'sorry' look on her face made him feel bad but also happy that he had someone in his corner that could understand if he told her he was gay.

He wouldn't tell the rest of the band because he was afraid of rejection, and he wasn't that close to Jennifer. But with Y/n he felt like he could tell her anything, he didn't know why but he did.

"It's fine Y/n! Go have fun with your man," Bobby said patting Y/n on the shoulder. Y/n laughed and gave Bobby a hug, "Thanks, I'm here if you want to talk, you know," she said before taking Marty's hand.

Marty and Y/n walked hand in hand, "You know I told Eddie and Needles I was done with their bullshit," Marty said.

Y/n looked at him and smiled, "Wow, I guess the head strong oblivious boy I fell in love with in 1955 is gone. But I'm already falling in love with the still oblivious and protective boy from 1985," Y/n said, wrapping her arms around his neck and leaning into kiss him, her leg perking  up per usual.