Chapter Twenty- The Week After Graduation

Marty and Y/n graduated high school one early week in May. Schools in small towns worked that way, but the students didn't complain.

After graduation Marty had gotten a job at the video store and Y/n still worked at the diner. They found an apartment near their college campus and were scheduled to move in on second to last week of May.

But there was one tiny problem. Since Doc hadn't been scene in almost a year the bank wanted to close his property. The bank had promised that Y/n could stay there until after she turned 18. But Mr. McFly didn't trust the bank so he volunteered to be the head of the sale, if the bank decided to sell early.

Y/n helped Jennifer pack her belongings. Paul was driving her to campus today. "I'm going to miss you so much, Jen," Y/n said, giving Jennifer a hug.

"I'll miss you too. I'm going to have to make other girlfriends. But I promise I'll visit, Paul needs me," she said, looking over at Paul, who was waiting in his Jeep. Jennifer and Paul drove away and Y/n headed to the diner to take her shift.

"Okay, since Goldie is leaving and your staying here, you'll get Goldie's job of being able to hire and fire the waiters," the cook said to Y/n at the Diner.

Today was Goldie's last day before heading off to an Ivy League school in the east coast. "Don't worry, I'll be back in a few years to run for mayor," Goldie said to Y/n, making her laugh. 

"I can't wait until that day comes," Y/n said patting Goldie on the back.

One day Marty was helping Y/n pack up some of her belongings to take to the apartment. Over the last few months she had collected a lot of stuff. Marty walked across the way to Burger King to get Y/n and him something to eat.

As he was walking back he found an eviction notice on the fence of Docs garage. Marty dropped the fry he had in his mouth and took the paper off the fence. He walked into the garage and showed it to Y/n.

"They decided to sell early! In a week! Their selling in a week!" Y/n exclaimed looking at the notice. "This can't be happening, I need to talk to your father, Marty," she said.

"Agreed," he said, grabbing his keys. They went into the 4x4 and drove to Marty's house. When they got there George McFly was working at his kitchen table.

"Dad, we need to talk to you," Marty said, showing his father the notice. George took the paper from his son and shook his head. "I knew they would do this, I'm so sorry Y/n," he said.

"Mr. McFly I turn 18 in almost a month. Why can't they wait until then?" Y/n asked, concerned to say the least. Marty put a reassuring arm around her waist.

"Dad they can't do this!" Marty said, just as worried as Y/n. "I'm afraid it is happening. Y/n unless you can locate your Uncle, I'm positive that this is going to happen. Is there anyway to contact him?" George asked.

Marty and Y/n feel silent, they didn't know where Doc was, he could be in the past or the future. Or an entirely different dimension.

Doc and Clara's home
The year 2064

"Emmett, this is a bad idea. Why you would ever want to rebuild the time machine is beyond me. We have the time train," Clara said to Doc as he was putting on the finishing touches on the new DeLorean.

"Clara, it will be fine. I need to retrieve something my father had in the 1930's. I will be extremely careful not to run into my other self. I promise," Doc said.

"Please be careful Emmett," Clara said as Doc got into the time machine. He turned on the time circuits and drove the car to the top of the road. He put in the date to where he was going and sped down the road, bracing for temporal displacement.

Later in the Week
May 14th 1986
6:30 pm

After struggling to get her Uncle Doc's journal back from Biff. Marty and Y/n heard a loud crash outside.

Stunned by recognizing the sound they ran outside of the garage. Their mouths dropped open when they saw, the thing they never thought they would ever see again in their life.

"Is that," Marty trailed off looking at Y/n. Y/n gulped and nodded, "Uh-huh," she said, nervously.

The DeLorean had shown up in front of Doc's garage.

To be continued............

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐀𝐃𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐇 𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄 𝐏𝐓.𝐈𝐕 🎉