Chapter Fourteen- Anniversary

Tuesday

November 5th, 1985

7:00 am

Doc Brown's Garage

Marty McFly drove to Doc's garage. As usual, he picked up his girlfriend Y/n Cornelia Brown, from her house to take her to school.

Although today, at least for Marty, it was kind of a big day, of sorts. Thirty years ago today Marty had met Y/n but they only knew each other about a month or so. 'I guess it's one of the complicated things about time travel, woah, this is heavy,' he thought to himself.

"Okay calm down McFly, it just an anniversary, it's not like your asking to marry her! Is this an anniversary? Pull yourself together McFly," Marty told himself while driving.

Marty didn't even think Y/n would remember, considering that their first week back was a little hectic to say the least. But Marty wanted to take her out today, instead of going to school. He had gotten everything ready last night.

He packed a cooler with Pepsi's and a radio, he also packed some cassettes to listen to. He wanted to drive her up to the lake but if they did that it would take longer than a day.

So Marty was thinking about taking Y/n up to Hill Valley's famous hill. Students at Hill Valley High School called it 'hill valley look out mountain' because it was a beautiful and quiet place to watch the town square from a above.

He pulled into the driveway, and got out of the 4x4. He walked to the door and knocked, wondering if Y/n was even awake.

A half asleep Y/n heard the knock at the door and groaned, getting up to answer it. When she opened it she saw Marty leaning against the garage door, giving her his classic smile-smirk.

"This is early even for you, future boy," Y/n joked, letting Marty inside the garage.

"Well I thought we would hang out today at look out mountain instead of going to school?" Marty said, nervously rubbing the back of his neck.

Y/n laughed under breathe, "Why?"Y/n asked, confused. Marty laughed, "Don't laugh but today is technically our anniversary," he said.

Y/n looked at the calendar and then at Marty, blushing. "Oh my god! It was thirty years ago today! Uncle Doc was hanging a clock in our bathroom and he hit his head. Then while I was helping him clean his cut he drew the flux capacitor and not long after that a very attractive boy came to my house and claimed he was from the future," Y/n said walking up to Marty and wrapping her arms around his waist.

"Was that thirty years ago or two weeks ago, I can't remember?" Marty joked, leaning down to kiss Y/n.

They drove to the top of the hill and looked at bright blue daylight shining on the town square. They were the only ones there because everyone else was at school.

"What did you tell Lorraine and George?" Y/n asked sitting in the bed of the 4x4 leaning her head on Marty's shoulder. Marty finished taking a drink of Pepsi and then handed to Y/n so she could take a sip.

"I didn't say anything, they think I'm at school," Marty said, looking out over the town.

"Clever, future boy," Y/n replied, nodding her head. She was so relaxed and so relieved to have a break from time travel and high school 'black mail'.

Marty turned his head to Y/n and looked at her head that was resting on his shoulder. He pulled away, now face to face with her. "How are you feeling?" he asked her, noticing how relaxed she was.

"I feel better, I'm really glad you took me up here. We need a break," Y/n said, taking Marty's hand and looking into Marty's blue eyes.

Marty took his other hand a brushed Y/n's cheek leaning in for a romantic and passionate kiss. The rest of their anniversary was filled with mini make out sessions and laughing at each other's jokes. Marty brought his skateboard and started to teach Y/n how to ride on one,even though she already had some experience with a hoverboard.

They listened to music on the radio and thought it was amazing when the radio played 'Earth Angel'. They spent the morning at look out mountain and then Marty reminded her that she hadn't been to the 7-eleven yet.

They excitedly hopped into the 4x4 and Marty drove them to the 7-eleven while blaring music down the street.

When they stopped at a stop light they heard an angry old woman yelling at them through a speaker. "You hooligans need to turn that devil music down!! You should be at school, crazy hooligans!" the old lady yelled.

Marty turned down the music and both teenagers looked out the window at the old lady's apartment. They both laughed under their breath and Marty continued to drive.

"I wonder who that was?" Y/n said. Marty shrugged, "Beats me, although she always yells at everyone," Marty said, smile smirking.

When they arrived at 7-eleven Y/n's jaw dropped open, "You were right! I do love this," she said. Marty put an arms around her waist and they walked to the slurpee section.

"So here's what you do, you grab a cup and then you fill it up with whatever flavor you want. The red is cherry, and the brown is Coca-Cola." Marty explained.

Y/n grabbed a cup and turned to Marty, "Which one do you get?" she asked. "I usually get the cherry," Marty replied taking a cup and filling it up with cherry slurpee.

"Then I'll get Coca-Cola," Y/n said, filling up her cup with the coke flavor. Marty laughed and shook his head. "I wonder if in the future they had Pepsi slurpee's?" Marty wondered aloud. "I guess we'll find out when we get there," Y/n replied.

After buying the slurpee's and other snacks that Y/n thought looked good, Marty taught her how to play wild gunman.

"Okay, so you shoot the gun at the screen, make sure you shoot the cowboys," Marty said, putting their snacks and slurpee's on the top of the machine. Y/n pointed the gun at the screen and Marty put a quarter in the game.

"You're a crack shot!" Marty exclaimed, watching as Y/n shot all the cowboys on the screen. Y/n blushed and kissed Marty on the cheek, handing him the toy gun. "Your turn, future boy," she said, taking a slip of her slurpee.