|| Meditating 101 ||

Today I will be explaining what meditation is and how to do it! The reason why I'm putting this in the guide it because it helps to meditate before doing the shifting methods. 

Meditation is a mind and body practice where individuals sit/lay down and stay still with their eyes closed for a period of time. Meditation helps to clear the mind, destress, calm the body, and get rid of any negative energy. 

Now you see why meditating can be useful when shifting?

There are many different ways to meditate:

1. Mindfulness meditation. This is the meditation method you pay close attention to your thoughts. The point is to clear your head of negative thoughts and replace them with encouraging thoughts. Be careful not to force the thoughts out of your head, acknowledge them and swift them away. 

2. Focused mediation. This meditation method is where you sit/lay down and stay focused on your five senses. Feel, smell, taste, hear, and see (if you are doing this with eyes closed then don't think about what you see lol). Also, don't let your mind wander, its important to focus on meditating. 

3. Movement meditation. This method might be less useful when trying to shift but its still helpful. This method is best used with calming music, you can do yoga, take a walk, coloring, etc. 

4. Mantra meditation. This is probably the most common form of meditating. For this method, most people sit down in a criss-cross position but you can lay down if you want to. As you sit or lay down repeat (out loud) good affirmations. The affirmations should not be about shifting (since you are not shifting yet), instead say things like, I am in charge, I am successful, I am confident, I am worthy, etc. 

Resources used: Healthline.com