Chapter II : When God Pan Hid Under a Glamour Charm

"Huh," Love mumbles to herself as she looks out the window to find a giant mountain, smaller than Everest, standing tall by the small road they are currently driving on. "That's certainly not in New Orleans. Where are we again?" I ask.

"Mount Othrys." Nikolas answers, deadpanned.

"What! No freaking way!" Love gasps, turning down the window and sticking her head out like a happy pup. "You mean to tell me, our entrance to the Unseen Realm is in Mt. Othrys, where the Titans lived? I thought we were going to Lykaion."

"It is. Nik's just being a lying ass." Levi pulls the straps of her backpack up her shoulders carefully.

Love pouts before crashing herself back in. Cold wind blows into the car, causing her to shiver. "You're mean." She nudges the driver seat with her knee.

"Hey, both are in Greece and actually a cool place to visit." Nikolas chuckles, swerving the car toward a small lot where no cars are parked in. Love gets on the middle of the front seats, resting her elbows on the shoulder cushions.

She eyes him curiously, "you've been to Othrys?"

"Yes."

"Did you meet any Titans?"

He turns toward her, looking at her in the eyes. "And if I did?"

Happiness blooms in her heart. Love's always been a curious kind when it comes to new places, especially those that she only reads in the book. "You tell me everything." She grins, "please?"

"Nik, you met an earthquake." Levi groans, palming her face, "now come on, you two, the fairies aren't going to wait longer for us."

"That was the fun part. Earthquake doesn't always mean a catastrophe in our world, it could mean someone was finally awake."

"Finally? You mean, someone who was dead a long time ago?"

He shrugs nonchalantly. "Could be."

"Okay." Love takes Mark Antony's head from the front seat before grabbing her backpack and sling them over her shoulders.

They all get their suitcases out, each drinking a red elixir containing of herbs that allows them to enter the front gate. Love watches the mountain carefully when she notices the clouds hanging around the peak. It is way too dark for anyone to notice the lingering eyes that are watching them closely.

Love rubs her hands together, not from the cold, but from the nerves. "Have you two met Pan before?" She asks quietly. "Is he scary? I feel like he's inside right now, waiting for us to give him a flute as a greeting gift."

"No. Not sure though, he could be hiding behind a glamour." Levi says calmly. "From what I heard, he's a friendly God. No harm done. Also, he lives in a cave."

Love shrugs. "Maybe I can spot him."

"You can see through glamours?" Nikolas asks her calmly.

"I weirdly can. Not sure why though."

They stop infront of a golden gate, which can only be seen by both Love and Nikolas. As for Levi, it's a usual, silver gate without additions at all. A group of fairies approach them, Love narrows her eyes as one of them caught her attention. Fairies in children's books are beautiful creatures, but in real life? Their bodies are crooked, eyes shaped as almonds and the black pupils take up the entire eyes, their nose is mushed in; only two black holes are visible, and they have fangs and split tongues.

Love furrows her brows in disgust when she can finally see them in person. Exactly not as beautiful as she thought they would be.

"Love." Levi nudges her. "Say the mantra."