Chapter XII : The Lovers

The pomegranate looks the same as the previous one taken in Garden of Eden, that until Levi almost passed out from holding back the disgusting taste of the fruit. Love pats her back and hands her a bottle of fresh water, grimacing when Levi attempts to take a deep breath. The juice of the pomegranate trickles down Levi's chin and Love wipes it away with a tissue.

"Okay, I'm ready for Underworld now. Take me." Levi slumps on Love's arm.

She giggles. "That bad, huh?"

"Honestly? No offense to Persephone, but the fruit is made of the Underworld's soil. So, yes, I could taste death."

Persephone laughs, but only Love that can hear Her. "It only tastes good in my home. Why don't you invite your sister to my palace, Love?"

"Persephone wants you to come to her palace."

"What?!" Levi shrieks, nearly choking on the water. "I mean, why? I am very under experienced in astral projecting."

"So did Laurie, yet he came all the way to Tartarus with me." Love smiles.

"Still, astral projection makes me nervous."

"Maybe once I learnt how to enter multiple realities without having to astral project, I will bring you with me." Love grins, then sighs in devastation. "Stupid dad." She shakes her head before getting up to her feet.

Lev gets up as well, this time, wrapping an arm around her sister's shoulders. "You'll be fine. It was unfair of dad, but I'm sure he has good reasons."

"See? You're more fit to be the hero-like figure. I mean, you're smart as hell, patient, strategic-"

"Okay now. Keep listing all the good things about me, my head would explode."

"Am I wrong?" She narrows her eyes. "Now you are immune to hexes, curses, whatever the fuck life throws at you."

"Love," Lev sighs, stepping around to face her sister, "I am not mad if dad chose you, in fact, for selfish reasons, it relieves me. You need it afterall."

She raises her brows in confusion.

"During your gap year, you told me you wanted your life to mean something," She explains, "even believed that you couldn't achieve anything, like now! dad gave you a fate where it'd bring you adventures, respect, and alliances. Hold on to that, won't you?"

"But-"

"None of that I am better bullshit. You are your own individual, so am I. We are sisters bonded by blood, doesn't mean each of us is better than the other. We are equal, remember?"

Hearing Levi's heartfelt assurance magnifies her love for the sister she promised to always cherish, "we are equal."

"And if I die before you, you can always visit me in whichever afterlife I want to go to."

"If you die, I am resurrecting your annoying ass. There is no way in all Hells I'd let you let me suffer through this mess all by myself."

"Really?" Levi grimaces, looking at Love judgementally.

"Mmhm. I will also resurrect parents."

"Dad's going to be pissed at you." She chuckles softly.

Love rolls her eyes, "what is he going to do, shoot me with a manmade gun?"

Lev bursts out laughing. So does Love. Having a sibling that truly understands you is a total blessing. If you have no friends? Your sibling will be there for you. A war that your enemy had started? They will be right next to you.