Chapter XIV : The Awakening of The Phoenix

Sure, with a flick of her wrists, Love could cast aside the super strong werewolves with arms twice her size, but what is the consequence for her body when the fire bird is released? At this time, Love doesn't care; she was too consumed in the raging fire that never seems to subside. Samara is still kneeling in front of her, the werewolf boys are no longer holding her still; they are more like allured to the energy that Love releases each seconds.

Love grabs Samara's neck, squeezes and pulls her up until they are face-to-face. "You want to burn me?" Love asks, reaching for Samara's fingers, "at least make sure that I am not made of fire first."

Samara howls in pain when Love breaks open her fingers, the hand she mostly used to punch the crap out of Love. "Love, stop!" Adena screams, running toward Samara whom Love threw on the ground, slumped and still writhed in pain.

Love turns toward the werewolf boys who are still bewitched by her presence. Her hair glows differently under the sun, the fire in her eyes almost could burn through the wolves before her. "Look, Love," Elko begins, holding both his hands up in surrender, "we weren't- I wasn't-" he stammers, stopping when Love steps forward, smiling like she owns his soul. "What the hell are you?"

"Oh," she pretends to gasp. "Let's test this one out, shall we?" She reaches to her jeans' pocket, crackles of fire appears in her arms.

The switchblade turns to a broken-blade sword, and in instant, as she holds it up to the sky by the hilt. A fire forms, completing the blade. "Holy-" Elko was about to scramble back with his fellas, but Love quickly holds the end of the fire blade against his neck. "The Phoenix sword.... You're the Phoenix?!"

"Stop!" Says the guy Love recognizes as Daniel, the other guys begin to stand up.

But with a raise of her hand, Love freezes them and brings them to the ground, kneeling like they have to worship her to live. "Don't make me slit his throat and imprison him in Tartarus!" Love points the sword to the guys.

"I think that is enough." Hekate suddenly rings in her ears. "You do not want the bird to overwhelm you."

"In a minute..." Love answers.

A wolf suddenly attacks her to the ground. Love shrieks and lets go of the sword, letting it fall to the ground. "Enough!" Adena presents her fangs when Love sits up on her elbows, "you will not hurt my friends. We have already grieved enough. We have lost enough. We do not need to lose someone else."

With a groan, Love slowly gets up from the ground. An image of Adena leading the pack after Vanshni suddenly appears in Love's mind, wolves would line up to have her aid, to have her train them as a great fighter. "Interesting," Love steps forward, holding a hand against the stake. "Tell me what you know about these corrupted witches."

She holds out her other hand and summons the sword straight to her grasp. Adena slowly transforms back to a human form, sighing, "they are going to ressurect an emperor. The one that offers those who worship him control and unimaginable power." She explains, "he had been buried within the sun's soil for so many years. He did not die when Jaromir defeated him along with Phoenix."

"Why?"

"Because he's made of magick and kaos. He's intelligent, powerful, and it would take just a little drop of the blood of the one who 'killed' him to ressurect him. It's all necromancy bullshit." Love nods, somehow she is familiar with the trick of necromancers. "But he is not our biggest concern right now. The dark practitioners have decided to re-claim all of Four Lands without hesitation, they want to kill all of the citizens and bringing all lands together at once."

The Phoenix' fire dies down, and Love's eyes slowly beginning to go back to normal. Only that she can barely hold herself up. "Fi- Filotimo." Love sighs. Though her wounds have healed, yet somehow her energy is reducing and reducing.