Chapter VI : Better than Julian, Is He?

"Are you seriously sleeping?" Levi bursts into Love's bedroom, finding her bundled up under the comfortable blankets. "It's your first day of class, get your ass out of bed!"

Love groans, wrapping the blankets tighter around her, "now it's suddenly a bad thing that I am sleeping?"

"No. Well, kind of since your first class starts at eight."

"What time is it?"

"Seven!"

Love opens her eyes. It's been a long time since the last time she could sleep more than five hours. At night, she would often meditate with Hekate, or sit in the garden with jars of water.

"Ugh, you're so annoying." She lazily rolls herself off the bed and down the carpeted ground, "I have to meet the counselor too at 13. Remind me?"

Levi helps her sister up the ground. The switchblade fell to the ground, letting out a loud sound. "You slept with the blade?" Levi makes a disgusted sound.

Still half asleep, Love reaches for the blade and places it on the bookshelf. "No. It tucked itself to bed with me." She grumbles, still attempting to find the difference between reality, astral or dream world. "What's for breakfast?" She asks, walking toward the wardrobe to pick the outfit.

"Well, parents sent you a box of Fimbulvetr donuts." Levi says, "also me, because they thought I loved the donuts as well."

Love gasps, instantly turning around to see Levi already devouring one donut from the box on the bed. "Oh my god! How?" She grabs the box from Levi and feasts on one donut. "Hmmm. This is the best breakfast ever." She sits on the ground, chewing on the crispy bread and the ice, gooey cream.

"It's all mom." Levi sighs, plopping down on the bed, relaxing. "I think? Dad can't enter Four Lands, so, it has to be mom."

"Well..." Love shrugs, taking another donut out of the box. She tries to remember everything that happened in Underworld, despite feeling woozy from the hangover and the sleepiness. "It seems that dad knows someone from the past that owned the switchblade." She gestures toward the blade, "maybe our ancestors? Or himself?"

Levi joins her on the ground, her brows furrowed in confusion. "What do you mean?"

"I thought I left the blade in my room, but Hades asked me what was in my pocket." Love shrugs, "He said something about The Phoenix Sword. The blade sort of turned into this half-blade sword that can only be activated with Sun or Underworld fire."

"The Phoenix... Hold on, I think I vividly remember reading about it." Levi gets up from the ground, walking toward Love's bookshelf. "It apparently holds the same power as Artemis' bow. But it disappeared when it was used to kill Emperor Jovian."

"Who?" Love grimaces.

"He's an old news. But he used blood magick and create his own, you know, some sort of community." Levi grabs a big book from the bookshelf and quickly open the pages. Love's too busy devouring the donuts to pay attention to her surrounding. "Or as we call it these days, the Dark Practitioners."

"You mean, dark witches?"

"That, too." Levi sits down next to Love, "I think they have been trying to ressurect him from the dead, not sure how though." She flicks page by page until she finally stops, "here. The Phoenix Sword."

Love peeks over while still chewing. She blinks a few times to focus on the small words on the page, but her brain fogs disappear the moment she saw the illustration. "The... Phoenix Sword..."

The image of her dead body on the wooden bed, the sword on the ground. The way the switchblade transformed to a sword and glowing brightly under Hades' grasp. "Man," Love groans, "I don't know how to activate it. Maybe I should ask Hades how to do the-" Love mimicks catching a fire with her palm, fist it and lighting the blade up, "poof thing."