Chapter IX : When Nature Attempts to Take Over

"Grab somebody, come on down... Bring your paintbrush, we're painting the town... Oh, there's some sweetness going around..." Love hums the song quietly to herself one night as she attempts to find a quiet place to stay in. She did bad in astrology and tarot so far. And to fill the void, she decides to sing the first song that pops in mind, "Catch it down! In New Orleans.."

She drops her backpack by a pink magnolia tree before dropping herself on the ground, breathing in the fresh air of Crimson Cove at night. All in her mind these days have been the disturbing punishments those poor souls face every single day, she wanted to do something about it, but it's their faith! We can never really change a certain rules that are set and designed for Tartarus, or even any other places where the dead goes.

The moon is always present in the sky, making it easier for Love to meditate and focus on what matters instead of playing the same damn image of Cyclopes emerging out of volcanic mountain over and over again. That, or an image of Kronos' eye watching over Tartarus, crying blood because he cannot get his hands on anyone or anything.

Love rests her back against the hard stem of the tree, watching the moon ahead of her moves higher and higher to the sky. 'Midnight,' Nikolas told her earlier. He had promised to take her to Octavian's Old tavern in town that apparently has a midnight hour discount for each drinks and snacks available.

Pulling her grimoire out of the backpack, Love reads the page where she has written down the spell to strengthen the reverse spell. Practicing necromancy is difficult, at least for those who are not exactly skilled in the area, it needs a lot of training and determination. Necromancy is not a dark magick, it can be harmful if done incorrectly. Since the dark practitioners are using it for control purposes, and since most of them are dominant in blood magick, necromancy has become baneful.

'Day 3 of learning about necromancy: this is not what I am good at. I only know how to do it when I am filled of fear or anger.' She writes down the entry, 'this is NOT the case that can simply be solved by speaking with entities / spirits through ouija board or pendulum. This is a case of banishing the spell off of The Soulless.'

'THE SOULLESS.' She writes as the title of a new page, 'they are practically zombies, waken up from within their own graveyards. So, really, their soul is empty - nothing, nada. They hide behind glamours. According to people around me, they are hiding behind pretty faces.'

'OBJECTIVE: Catch the necromancer.'

Love runs her palms over her face. She misses her phone, the cookouts her parents always have every weekend in the backyard to keep Love out of her bedroom, and most importantly, the shops in New Orleans.

"Boo." Nikolas suddenly appears out of the blue. He has a big smile on his face when Love gasps in shock and crawls away from him. "Why so serious?" He asks, raising his brows.

Love places her hand on her chest, heart thundering against her palm. "You are unbelievable! And if I die of heart attack?"

He laughs as he walks around the tree and drops his bag on the ground across of her. He sits down calmly, stretching out his legs. "Seriously, what is going on with you?" He asks, "you've been a little distracted lately."

"Well," Love closes her grimoire, shoving it back into her backpack, "I haven't slept in awhile. Everytime I close my eyes all I see is those people chained on the walls of the hills, I couldn't even tell the difference between humans and the rocky mountain." She sighs heavily, "and the people in the tree, they are rotten, asking me for help. Also, I need to pretty much master my ability in necromancy."

He looks at her curiously, "... why, exactly?"

"Because." She can't come up with good excuse yet. She hasn't told anyone that she'd be going to Gardenia. "Because Nyx asked me to."