Chapter XIII : When the Titaness Chose Humanity

The day wears off, somehow the sky has turned dark and gloomy again. Stench of death, along with strange atmosphere are hovering in the air. The school will be closed until further notice, students who reside on Earth and outside of Crimson Cove are sent back home. The dormitory building will be used as shelters for survivors. Werewolves of Io forest only allow those with wolf blood to take shelter with them for as long as they need to; no humans, vampires, even witches are allowed to enter their territory.

Love sits by The Happy Prince statue, staring down at her grimoire. People are already packing up and walking toward the Pier Marketplace to either catch a boat back to their homeland, or the Ancient gate to return to Earth. She glances back everytime, feeling as if someone is watching over her, but nobody's there- just a gush of cold wind.

'How to shrink a giant tree' Love wanted to write on a new page, her hand shakes a little. But instead, her fingers move to write, 'how to be LESS of a disappointment'

"Whatever the hell are you still doing here? Pack up, a family needs your room," Setsuna suddenly jumps to sit next to Love, "thinking of saving Crimson Cove again?" She peeks on to her grimoire.

Love closes it shut, darting her eyes toward Setsuna's curious face, "saving the dryad, actually. She's still alive."

"She's a tree!"

"Oh, yeah, that's a valid excuse not to cut her down." Love rolls her eyes, "so, you're a vampy, aren't you? You can mind control people with a vampiric power?"

Setsuna stares at her, deadpanned, "that's a freaking myth."

"But can you?"

"No, I can't. Why do you ask?"

Shrugging, Love turns around to ignore her again. The wind blows harder this time, causing her hair to fly in all directions. "Why are you defending the land you know nothing about anyway? Is it to hide something from your past, or... worse, make up something you did? Play a hero?"

Twinge of pain can be felt on Love's chest, "I don't even believe in heroes. Why would I play as one?"

"I don't know. But those who play a hero ends up having selfish reasons."

"Depends on how you define selfish." She puts her grimoire back in to her tote bag, "anyways, toodles! I need to pack and meet Laveau. Aren't you coming home?"

Setsuna stares ahead for awhile, a hint of disgust can be seen in her eyes, "Crimson is my home."

"Oh," Love finds herself fiddling with her fingers as Setsuna answered so. Her aura somewhat turned dark and unfriendly. "Okay. Well," she gets up from the bench, "good luck?"

"Sure."

Love puts a coin on the statue as a way to show her appreciation for the beautiful art. Statues, sculptures are all inanimate objects- but somehow, Love can feel just how alive they actually are. Fragile, but alive.

****

Love and Levi are standing right outside of Laveau's office. Levi constantly running her hand over her braids, while Love is managing some jewelries on Mark Antony's neck. Sure, people were staring when Love walked around with a head sculpture on her arm; but Love already swore to the Universe that Mark Antony will be the one she takes to the grave with.

"Why are you idolizing him so much?" Levi groans when Love, once again, clipped some earrings on his solid ears.

"Are you asking why?" Love asks as she takes off some of her necklaces to be put on the head sculpture's neck instead. "A loyal lieutenant of JC, a man who just wants to have fun and get drunk! If I ever feel stupid in a situation, I always put myself in the same level as him, and I wouldn't feel as bad-because you know what? he made bad decisions too!"