Chapter 6

I walk into my room at and notice two suitcases, gym bag and a cosmetic bag is packed. On top of it is a note- I left your favorite makeups, hairbrush, shampoo and conditioner in the bathroom. Don't forget to grab them. I go in and jump into the shower. When done I blow my hair dry. Then I French braid it to hang down my back. I put on some light makeup. Then go grab my cosmetic bag and scoop all this into it. Plus place my hair dryer in. I wrap the towel around me and walk out and drop the towel into the hamper. I then put on bikini bottoms with matching bra; a rustic boho skirt and white shirt, sandals, hoop ear rings, necklace and watch. I throw my phone, charger and lipstick into my purse. I hear a knock on the door and call out,  "enter." I grab my sunglasses and without turning around, "mom did you also pack the kitchen sink?" Then I turn around and see it is Alpha Liam. "I am sorry. I thought it was my mom."

He laughs, "She said for you to grab 2 or 3 formal dresses and shoes to put in this dress bag." He hands it to me, "I will grab these 2 suitcases (clothes shown up above is what her mom packed for her.) "I will be back up for the dresses and other stuff."

I sigh and say, "thanks Alpha Liam." I then go pack what she said. Then I grab my purse and throw my tablet, laptop, a couple of books into a briefcase. Just as Alpha Liam walks in to grab the remaining items. I look at him and say, "how many bags did my mom pack for herself?"

"Your dad was grumbling about this being his 4th trip down when I just passed him on the stairs."

"I don't know how mom does it. I sure hope we are back before these pups start to show."

He laughed and said, "your mom already ordered you a bunch of maternity clothes that she is having shipped to the council pack just in case. When she told me that I grabbed an empty suitcase for you."

Sigh, "she knows I hate shopping," I reply.

"Well come on Ash, the Elite have just passed into the territory. They will expect us down there to be ready."

I call down the hall as we walk out, "mom they are going to be here in 5 minutes."

Liam looks at me and says "you know it's more like 20."

I laugh and reply, "I know."

Seven minutes later, mom comes running down the stairs, "I am sorry I am late and kept you waiting." She then looks around and sees we are all standing and grinning at her. She then glared at me. "When will I learn."

"Never because you never know since sometimes I give the real time and other times I don't."

My dad then said, "you should learn to be on time. At council I been warned if you are late they will give you 100 community hours because your reputation of being late is well known." She glares at him and then laughs when she sees his twinkle in his eyes.

Alpha Jason said, "let's go outside and greet our escort. The pack has already set up a picnic lunch for them and us before we depart." He then throws keys at Liam. "Those keys open up all the buildings and keys for the SUV." Then he walks outside to greet them.

"Where is your luggage," one of the guys asked. The alpha points to the van he had parked behind his SUV. The guy nods, "Ms Swift will be in my SUV. Then Alpha you will have two of my troops in with you. Elders Swift will be in the next SUV with a couple troops. Other Elite will be running along around us to go after any trouble makers if need me."

Alpha nods and states, "we prepared lunch for you and your men. Through that door is the facilities." He points to a building, "lunch in 5 minutes." Then he walks to where the pack has set up a meal."

I look at the Elite troop who was telling that to Alpha Jason, "are you expecting trouble sir?"

He looks at me and says, "it is my job to expect trouble and 99% of the time it does not occurs."

"And if the other 1%?"

He grins at me and replies, "none of them have ever walked away but we're carried away. It depends on if they surrender and get carried off in chains, ambulance or coroner. Excuse me while I use the facilities before lunch." He nods his head and walks away.

As I am turning to walk toward the picnic grounds one of the elite come up and hands me a heart shape jewelry box. "Next time you talk to your brother tell him to find other runner. He is lucky your cute."

He then turns to walk away and I reply, "Which brother?"

He stops and laughs, "apparently the one who is always running late. He was muttering about having to get to patrol duty on time."

I laugh, "Oh Ryan. He is just like mom always running late." I then walk to the van and put it in one of my bags. Then walk to the picnic area.

I go and sit down at the table. Luna Penny and Alpha Liam sit down beside me. Then Aubrey and her mate, Nick (my brother) ask to join us. We get into talking about the pups and my house. Then lunch is served and we eat. Then as we get ready to go, Liam says, "best of luck. Will see you at the Leaders Ball on Friday."

Another wolf comes up and says, "Ashley, I wanted to introduce myself. I am Ryan Destiny. I will be your lawyer to represent you at the council. If anyone ask you questions just tell them, 'I have been instructed by my lawyer not to answer questions without her being present. Please contact Ryan Destiny Lawson to schedule an appointment. That does include your ex. You will still feel the pull." She then turns and walk away to join the Elite troops.

"That was odd." look at him, "now what I started to say before Ms Lawson interrupted, I wasn't invited. It is for Alphas and their mates."

Liam says, "Even if your a rejected mate you are automatically invited. The council recognizes you as an alpha she-wolf even if your true mate doesn't."

"I don't know if I want to go. It would be uncomfortable to be there without a mate."

"You will be there. If you don't have an escort I will walk you in along with my own mate. We will show him what he is missing. I am sure every single male Alpha there will try to see if they are your second chance mate."

I blush and I turn to the others and hug them
goodbye. Then I go climb into my vehicle I was assigned and we were on our way.

 Then I go climb into my vehicle I was assigned and we were on our way