Chapter 17

It has been 19 days since he left. I spent it feeding myself or pups, and then the volunteer of the day would come in and sweep them away until their next feeding time. Next I would be ordering items for the house. Plus the Luna would come in and teach me Luna etiquette. She said I would be a great leader when it came to dealing with my own pack, but I needed to learn about dealing with other leaders.

Dave decided he would move into move into the the Guest Suite.  He could travel easily to Ravenclaw if he was needed.

The whole house was done in earth-tones with splashes of colors. 

I hired two omegas: Dakota and Barbara. It was a husband and wife team. They would help around the house during the day. Right now they took my vision board. Every time I bought something it was marked on my vision board which room to place it in.  They set things up as it arrived.  They were not letting anyone into the house.

They had Dylan, who was the security IT warrior my brother train, immediately closed the window shutters and door barriers, and could only access the house through one door. They had all deliveries dropped off in the garage. This way no one would know what I ordered. I wanted to have a house warming party once Liam was home and the home was ready to be moved into.  It could surprise everyone who came. I even had them paint a few walls as accent walks.

Then I hired a home care nanny: Felicia.  I knew when I was able to return to training duty and had to  do Luna duties I would have someone to help care for the pups who was trustworthy and reliable. Plus made credit chocolate Carmel cookies. I decided  that two bedrooms would be turned into the children's room. One for boys and the other for the girls room. I learned their cribs are one who can turn into toddler beds to twin beds as they grow. Plus, I am sure at some point we would have our own pups. Though right now my sitting room area in the master suite would be where they slept while still in their bassinets.  Then the caregiver could sleep down in the room they called the maid quarters. I was having a small kitchen added to it. This way when off duty she could be on her own.  She could come and go as she pleased. She had one son who recently turned 16 and he moved into the warrior's barracks. She felt useless since he had become her world when she lost her mate. My hiring her gave her 4 new missions.

Last person I hired was a secretary/scheduler. I sent him to Dan and Jean who agreed to train him. He would be back in 2 weeks from their crash course.

Then every evening I would get showered and the wheelchair would be used to take me to dinner. Then day 20 hit. The pack doctor gave me permission to do 30 minutes of walking. It only took 5 minutes to walk to the cafeteria to eat the meals with the pack. I spent 10 minutes standing in the shower and not using the wheelchair. Then I walked into the cafeteria to head to my table. The room got quiet as they all watched me walk. When I stood in front of where my wheel chair usually got parked, I spoke to them, "Today Doc Grant stated I can start 30 minutes of standing and walking a day. I decided a pack meal is the when I would share this news by showing up doing it." Everyone started clapping and howling. I smiled and Alpha Jason pulled a chair up for me and I sat down. I held up my hand and stated, "now let's eat." What a wonderful meal. I had my pups beside me sleeping in their stroller.

That night I walked into the media room and several members of the pack joined me. When the movie was over Rose showed up with my wheelchair. "Don't want you to over do it."

He usually called once a week to FaceTime with the pups and me. The phone was the first gift he had sent to me.

 The phone was the first gift he had sent to me