S2~chapter 23~"A chance"

Y/N'S POV

"Great work best jeanist!"

"PFFT—" I sputtered holding my hand over my mouth, muffling my giggles at Katsuki's new hair style.

"DONT YOU DARE Y/N I SWEAR" he shouted hoping up out of his seat.

(A/n: I was very tempted to make y/n say 'I like ya cut g' but I decided not to)

"Now that you're both ready, we're going patrolling today" the hero announced and began walking with me and Katsuki following closely behind him.

After yesterday the air between me and katsuki was still a little off, we hadn't talked to each other since unless we needed to. So, when we were out patrolling there was still an awkward silence between us.

"Hey isn't that the guy from the sports festival?" A group of kids pointed out.

Katsuki stood tall, I knew his pride was being fed by this although he was trying to hide it. One of the kids made a comment under their breath that I didn't hear, and Katsuki immediately tensed and wore an agitated expression on his face. They must've said something rude.

"HEY YOU LITTLE BRATS, YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT THE FUTURE NUMBER ONE HERO YOU HEAR ME!" He screamed causing the group of boys to burst into tears.

Typical Katsuki..

"I'm so sorry about that, don't worry he doesn't bite...well most of the time" I leaned down to their level and smiled reassuringly.

"I remember you from the sports festival too. You're super cute can I have your number?!" One of the kids sniffled and I leaned back in shock.

"Uh I'm sorry but you're a little too young for me" I nervously giggled.

He pouted his eyes welling up with tears again. Feeling guilty I gave him a peck on the cheek and stood up.

"S-SHE KISSED ME DID YOU SEE THAT?" The group of boys ran off rambunctiously down the block.

I looked back over at Katsuki who was pouting angrily and began walking away with best jeanist, I quickly followed them catching up.

We walked around for a while aimlessly waiting anxiously for a threat or a villain to present itself, but there was nothing but the normal agenda. I noticed Katsuki constantly glancing at me and started feeling uncomfortable.

"Is there something wrong?" I finally asked.

"No."

"Well you keep looking over at me so I just thought maybe there was something..."

"What are doing when we get back to the hotel?" He quickly asked.

Huh?

"Uh I don't know, probably just relax for a bit..why?"

"I want to take you out somewhere"

WHAT? HE WANTS TO WHAT? OH GOD I FEEL RED I JUST KNOW MY FACE IS RED. NO. No. Remember what he said to you, I cant give in now I need to stand my ground. Even if he is being super sweet and if he looks really good in his hero costume right now!

"I don't think we're allowed to go out on our own" I said looking away from him.

"Damnit. Fine, we can just have a date inside I don't care where it is. I just want to make it up to you or whatever.." he mumbled, and I held in a squeal.

"Okay"

"Seriously?!" He snapped his head to the side to look at me and I nodded keeping my eyes on the ground.

"T-this doesn't mean that I forgive you though, I'm just giving you a chance"

"That's all I need"